How to export a fixture profile ? [fixed]

declare your lighting equipment

How to export a fixture profile ? [fixed]

Postby pwes » 21 August 2014, 10:46

Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong place or been asked before (I did several searches)

I have created a new fixture for the American DJ Vortex 1200, by going to fixture within the program, edit fixture. Everything seems to work and macros installed etc.

I've hit save, so I guess it's saved with the program, but I can't then find it on the computer, as I want to export this to another computer (my gig play out mac book).

I have hit Export, but this brings up a facility which asks me to 'Enter the path and name for the fixture to export' but again I cannot find the file I presume I've created. So is there a specific location where user created files are saved?

I'm using a Mac with Mavericks, and the press software is 7.1.0

Thanks !
pwes

Re: Creating New Fixture

Postby JohnRichards » 21 August 2014, 12:40

Hi,
The new profile you created should be in your current lightshow fixtures folder.
By the way, you should be able to export the whole lightshow to a flash drive, and then import it on the new machine. This will bring in all items within that lightshow folder.
John
JohnRichards

Re: Creating New Fixture

Postby support » 21 August 2014, 12:58

- in the Edit > Fixtures > "Edit fixture" window, click on button "Export"
- in the "Enter the path and name for the fixture to export" window, select a folder (for instance the desktop)
- enter a name for the file (for instance "toto")
- press the button "Save" ; we just found that the text on this button is "Open" ; this is a mistake ; we will fix that later ; just press the button "Open" right now ; it will save correctly the file
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: How to export a fixture profile ? [fixed]

Postby pwes » 21 August 2014, 14:05

Thanks guys!!

John - Great tip thank you, I'll need that gem of info, very useful !!

Support - Yes your procedure worked thank you!! (small bug as you've now discovered).

In case any other user needs clarification, I actually created a AAA.rtf file (notepad txt file for windows is the equivalent), separate from the program on the desktop, then hit EXPORT in the program where you've been editing the fixture, and that opens a panel as though you are going to open something instead of saving. Ignoring all logic, just navigate to your AAA.rtf and hit OPEN.

The program then duplicates your AAA.rtf file and adds a new file - AAA.rtf.txt which contains all the fixture information.

The new file of course can then be renamed to something more sensible using finder (Mac) or explorer (Windows)

Thanks again guys!

Having created my fixture file, would you like me to share it in the relevant place, or do you prefer to create in house only ?
pwes

Re: How to export a fixture profile ? [fixed]

Postby support » 22 August 2014, 14:34

Thank you for the feedback.
You can post the file here, in this topic.

PS: the mistake "Open" instead of "Save" in requester is fixed for next version.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Editor - Fixtures