Crash When Renaming Fixtures

declare your lighting equipment

Crash When Renaming Fixtures

Postby ExinusEvents » 13 July 2014, 10:05

Hi Guys,

My first post here and a newbie to the ShowXpress world- sincerest apologies if I'm in the wrong section or if I am indeed doubling up on this post :)

I thought I would bring to your attention an issue I am experiencing with V7 which is costing me a lot of time and hassle. I've listed the concern below for your reference:

* I am in the process of modifying a show that I had built in V6. All I basically needed to do was change some of the fixtures I had previously imported and their corresponding DMX addresses.
* I deleted the fixtures that were pre-existing, imported the new fixtures I needed and patched them as required.
* As soon as I went to rename the first fixture in the Editor Fixtures bank the software promptly erased every fixture I had imported, as well as my entire 3D model.
* Due to what seems to be an 'auto-save' function in the software I was unable to revert back to the Lightshow before this happened; I've had to start from scratch by re-importing the earlier version that I started with originally.
* Rather than importing every fixture and then renaming them one-by-one I decided to rename them as soon as I patched them to the Fixtures bank.
* After doing so, the software intermittenly crashes as soon as the fixture is renamed.
* I have attached a screen shot of the fault immediately after it happened. On this occassion I added 16 fixtures at once and ShowXpress deleted the first 12 fixtures off the grid.
* When this fault occurs, it seems as though ShowXpress loses some of its memory- this is evidenced by the 2D images reverting to black text boxes after the crash.

* I have not experienced the spontaneous deletion of the entire Fixtures bank and 3D model since it originally happened but I have consistently experienced the software crash.
* I saved backups of all my Lightshows, deleted and reinstalled ShowXpress and I have still had the issue.
* For the record I'm currently using ShowXpress V7.1.0 on my latest gen Macbook Pro

If you could provide any assistance or advice I would be most appreciative. I'm in the process of prepping for a large show at the end of July and at this stage I'm concerned that the software is not reliable enough to depend on for a trouble free event.

Many thanks in advance! ;)

[deleted]
ExinusEvents

Re: Crash When Renaming Fixtures

Postby support » 14 July 2014, 08:20

Can you please post (or email - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19) a ZIP of your complete original lightshow (made with V6) ?
And, if possible, please tell what actions to do in order to reproduce the crash.
We will check that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Editor - Fixtures