[MacOS]ControlBoard.app isn't launching

start all applications from here

[MacOS]ControlBoard.app isn't launching

Postby vanzco » 01 March 2013, 20:13

It was working great for a while, but I just noticed today that it's acting funny.

First off, I'm using the latest version of ShowXpress software on a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.8.2.

When I double click the ControlBoard.app icon, sometimes it'll take a long time (3-5 minutes) to load, or it doesn't even load at all. I can open each of the other applications (Editor, Setup, 3D View) separately and they all launch no problem.

Any idea what might be going on here? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
vanzco

Re: ControlBoard.app isn't launching

Postby vanzco » 01 March 2013, 21:41

I've uninstalled and re-installed several times to no avail. I've checked several other threads on this forum for possible fixes but none of them have worked.

I've also gotten rid of some other applications which I've downloaded over the past few days which may or may not be interfering with ShowXpress. (In my experience, with Windows machines, even the automatic Windows update would screw around with software or driver installations. Could that be what has happened here?)

Please help me get to the bottom of this.

Thanks!
vanzco

Postby vanzco » 02 March 2013, 18:53

I talked to Apple tech support. They guided me through an SMC reset and a PRAM reset and it's still messed up. I've uninstalled and re-installed this thing way too many times.
vanzco

Postby support » 03 March 2013, 21:28

If we could reproduce this problem, we would have more chance to be able to fix it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: [MacOS]ControlBoard.app isn't launching

Postby vanzco » 03 March 2013, 21:42

Alright. Would it help if I posted a list of updates and installations that were made prior to the problem being discovered?
vanzco

Re: [MacOS]ControlBoard.app isn't launching

Postby vanzco » 04 March 2013, 16:11

It's starting to affect more than the Control Board. Cubase and Garage Band are doing the same thing, and even my audio & midi devices control panel is acting wonky. I think I'm going to reinstall OSX.
vanzco

Return to ControlBoard