L001 LED Magic Ball Lights - trouble w/ DMX addressing

already asked and answered questions

L001 LED Magic Ball Lights - trouble w/ DMX addressing

Postby jkarakuc » 24 March 2017, 13:42

Heya gang!
I am new here, and excited to be a part of this group of peers!!
MY problem is with the L001 LED Magic Ball Lights, and using multiple fixtures with the Chauvet OBEY 70 controller... I am TRYING to operate 4ea L001 on my 32 channel OBEY 70 controller.

I only seem to be able to use them on channel 'A001', and all additional fixtures as slaves!! I SHOULD be able to address them individually, and operate them independently - using Fixture buttons 1-4, and sliders 1-6 (L001's are 6 channel)

According to the OBEY70, the DMX/"dip" addresses SHOULD be:
- A001 (for 1st fixture
- A033
- A065
- A097
(and then so on, to my next DMX fixture on channel 129... DIP'd accordingly)

ALL my other DMX fixtures work GREAT, if I start with them... I CAN include the L001 Magic Ball, or Ball's, but only if I address them ALL as A001, and run them as slaves.

?- IS THIS a problem with the fixtures?, or am I doing something wrong??

BTW, my local Audio & Lighting store tech couldn't get them to work either, using their own store fixtures...

This is driving me CRAZY, so any HELP is greatly appreciated!!!

CHEERS!
Jonny K-Tel
jkarakuc

Re: L001 LED Magic Ball Lights - trouble w/ DMX addressing

Postby BartKrap » 26 March 2017, 15:09

jkarakuc wrote:Heya gang!
I am new here, and excited to be a part of this group of peers!!
MY problem is with the L001 LED Magic Ball Lights, and using multiple fixtures with the Chauvet OBEY 70 controller... I am TRYING to operate 4ea L001 on my 32 channel OBEY 70 controller.

I only seem to be able to use them on channel 'A001', and all additional fixtures as slaves!! I SHOULD be able to address them individually, and operate them independently - using Fixture buttons 1-4, and sliders 1-6 (L001's are 6 channel)

According to the OBEY70, the DMX/"dip" addresses SHOULD be:
- A001 (for 1st fixture
- A033
- A065
- A097
(and then so on, to my next DMX fixture on channel 129... DIP'd accordingly)

ALL my other DMX fixtures work GREAT, if I start with them... I CAN include the L001 Magic Ball, or Ball's, but only if I address them ALL as A001, and run them as slaves.

?- IS THIS a problem with the fixtures?, or am I doing something wrong??

BTW, my local Audio & Lighting store tech couldn't get them to work either, using their own store fixtures...

This is driving me CRAZY, so any HELP is greatly appreciated!!!

CHEERS!
Jonny K-Tel

This is not the forum for those questions. This is the forum for the dmx lighting softwares made by The Lighting Controller. (Sweetlight, ShowXpress and QuickDMX)

And for your questions, I do not own an obey 70 so I can't help you, but I advice reading the user manual.
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Return to Repetitive questions