lights cancel each other

already asked and answered questions

lights cancel each other

Postby dentriv » 05 May 2014, 03:13

Hi, I am new to this software but as a test I put a Radus 2 on timeline 3 and a beamshot on timeline 4. They are tracked to a wave file. when the beamshot comes on the radus shuts off and when the beamshot goes off the radus comes back on. I also tried this with a par 64 led pro and the same problem, I want to add the beam shot to the radus 2. Any clues? Thanks :)
dentriv

Re: lights cancel each other

Postby drphoto » 05 May 2014, 03:50

I'm not familiar with these fixtures, but in timelines you can do scene stacking. This means if an event is playing in timeline 1 and then timeline 2 starts w/ an event for the same fixture, the two events will add for a third possibility. Does that make sense? It's a great feature maybe one of the best of this software, but it can lead to unexpected results if you're not aware of it.

Example, timeline 1 cues a red wash from an LED par. Timeline 2 cues the same par but set to green wash. Because the scenes "stack" (or add) the result is the fixture displays yellow/ amber (red + green) However, this means you can end up with unexpected results.

If this is the case, then insert "off" in your timeline 1 after the event plays. (right click to bring up the menu to insert) At least that's my guess….I've only been fooling around w/ this for a short time.
drphoto

Postby dentriv » 05 May 2014, 04:50

What I am trying to do is have a green scene on one timeline and accent with white lights on another timeline but when the white lights come on the green scene goes off.
dentriv

Postby support » 05 May 2014, 06:47

The reason might be this: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=383
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 05 May 2014, 15:51

It is a matter of the priorities of buttons. Let me deal with P64 LEDs because I am familiar with them. And although their are multiple solutions to doing overrides/accent I will present one solution and based on your response, I will offer other methods until I understand what exactly you are trying to do, and until we get the result you are looking for.
I have P64 LEDs in my wash. I can control them from my wing console and can manually mix colours myself, however in my patching to my wing console I have the patches set to "Software has Priority". If I have a wash up in a colour mix I have a buttons in Live that override the wash to pick out individual performers in NC. These buttons are on a separate Live page and keyboard triggered. So to bring up performer 2 I hit "u" with is the trigger I assigned it. The selected pars programmed to that trigger override those colour mixed pars in my wash. In fact that trigger will override any specific programming for my wash from another page. (Unless you change scenes from the other page, remember it is LTP, Last Takes Priority).
So when I release the trigger, the scene or wing console resumes control.
Alternately if you have an override accent/flash on the same Live page set to Solo buttons? You can make it a flash button of the scene created overriding any possible conflicts and producing the look you want?
Feel free to ask if you need more clarifications, and I'll be happy to help.
Pink LD

Return to Repetitive questions