Live_Mobile works on my DROID X

post here topics for the Android app only

Live_Mobile works on my DROID X

Postby DJRockinRob » 13 April 2011, 23:06

Hello all!
Just wanted to let you know that Live_Mobile works on my Droid X :)
The instructions are in the "Android Settings" thread and if you read them b4 you use them then i think you will be ok (i was using them as i read them and skiped a step hahahaha)

The only thing i didnt read (but felt it was common sense) ... The phone has to be on the SAME PHYSICAL Network. I did test it using my "hotspot" feature as well as an external router. All is good!

There are 2 things id like to bring to your attention : 1.) There is a small delay between the virtual button on the phone and the actual button on the computer. Meaning there was a delay between the time i pushed the button on my phone and saw it happen on the computer. 2.) In my 6.27 the 3d Viewer does not show ANY fixtures. Did i miss a step? i loaded the Demo Show to see the app work in the 3d window but it didn't work. I could see a preset stage but zero fixtures. even when i tried to create my own show. In my experiance anytime you add a fixture to the linup it automaticaly adds the fixture to the 3d Viewer, Not today :( im totaly willing to accept that i missed something but i cant find it.

Live_Mobile works :) Thanks Chauvet!
Check out my videos on
Youtube - DJRockinRob
DJRockinRob

Re: Live_Mobile works on my DROID X

Postby support » 14 April 2011, 13:21

Thank you for your feedback.

The delay between the virtual button on the phone and the actual button on the computer depends exclusively on the network:
- in a local wifi network (with only the computer and the smartphone), it should be very fast
- with the computer in China and the smartphone in USA using 3G network, it can take a few seconds (and sometimes more)
We can not change that.

3DView is supposed to work on version 6.27beta. Please check:
- the button 3D (in Live or Editor) is green
- your firewall and anti-virus do not block communication between ControlBoard and 3DView (we see oftenly this problem)
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby DJRockinRob » 14 April 2011, 14:25

Thanks for getting back to me. 3d Viewer is working on my windows 7 machine (just got it working this morning) I was having trouble with the win 7 firewall :) I had to creat a new outbound rule. I will cover all the obsticals i had to overcome in my video today. I will let you know when it is live.

As of right this second using windows 7 on a wired network and minimal cpu activity and my phones wifi on and connected to the same network there is not much of a delay. However yesterday i was using my laptop running windows XP and there was only a short delay (very short).

Today, my goal is to program a new light show and demonstrate the app. Then i will do a walk through.

Thanks again!
I'll be back soon :)
Check out my videos on
Youtube - DJRockinRob
DJRockinRob

Postby DJRockinRob » 14 April 2011, 14:57

*UPDATE* Laptop running windows XP 3d Viewer problems? NOT ANY MORE hahahahaha when i was setting up the nework i changed the ip address of the screen controller .... DO NOT CHANGE THE IP :) once i reset it to defualt all is good.

Funny!
Check out my videos on
Youtube - DJRockinRob
DJRockinRob

Return to Android