Runtime error

post here topics for the Android app only

Runtime error

Postby timothy » 20 December 2017, 16:12

Hello,

I am experiencing a runtime error on my insignia tablet. Not sure off hand which version/operating system it is, but it's android. We've kept the tablet up to date, Live Mobile is version 2.4.0 and the ShowXpress software is the absolute latest, ending in .28 I believe. We have Norton Mobile running on the tablet, not sure if that's interfering. We have the option to continue / kill. This has been running for years without issue, so I am not sure what update/software is causing it. Any ideas on how I should go about troubleshooting this? Thank you!

Here's the runtime error message screenshot from the tablet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfcc01hkiejf2xs/RuntimeError.jpg?dl=0

Tim
timothy

Re: Runtime error

Postby Niffo » 21 December 2017, 14:00

Seems to be a network issue ...
Please, can you tell us if this message comes up immediately after launching the App, or if you have to do something before ? Did you check the network parameters in the Settings of the App ?
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby timothy » 21 December 2017, 16:04

It doesn't come up right away, but comes up after using it for a little bit. We've been making a bunch of changes to the live buttons so we have been in and out. I will know more when we go to use it just to run a show. I read more in the forums about making sure the port is open, but I will check network settings... Also I will check norton on the pc that this is connecting to, as it might be trying to block it, or possibly norton on the tablet.

Thanks for the response!

Tim
timothy

Postby Niffo » 21 December 2017, 16:19

If Norton is newly installed on your tablet, yes try to uninstall it to check ;)
Niffo
Administrateur

Return to Android