Using Live Mobile with the Iphone4 [fixed]

post here topics for the iOS app only

Using Live Mobile with the Iphone4 [fixed]

Postby rbekel » 05 March 2012, 02:47

I have a question in reguard to getting Live to work on my iphone. Can you take advantage of the Iphone4's hotspot to connect the computer with the iphone? Can you use a regular home router to connect? or do you you need another router not connected to the internet in order to connect the two to use Live? I have tried 4 different computers using all of the suggestions listed on this forum. But I still cannot get my phone to connect to Live on my desktop or or 3 different laptops. Any other suggestions?
rbekel

Re: Using Live Mobile with the Iphone4

Postby Niffo » 05 March 2012, 07:27

All these network configurations should work if the computer can "ping" the iPhone and vice-versa. The iphone and the computer have to be on the same sub-network, the firewall(s) have to not block communications and the correct computer IP has to be entered in Live_Mobile configuration.
Niffo
Administrateur

Re: Using Live Mobile with the Iphone4

Postby rbekel » 05 March 2012, 18:01

I finally got it to work today...I got on to the phone with the Internet Security vendor (Vipre) and we got the problem resolved. It is a little more than just allowing the port you have to put the firewall in learning mode for a few steps and alow then switch it to simple mode. Anyway my frustrations have ended. It works great...thanks for your help!!!
rbekel

Return to iOS (iPhone, iPad)