Using this in a 2 man live band scenario I am,

tell us about your experience with our product

Using this in a 2 man live band scenario I am,

Postby jaxx00974 » 19 August 2010, 07:12

Since release 6.24 with the fixes, I have been working non stop on the lighting show and completly stunned. There has not been one single fault, the changes are fabulous, I have been able to work really quickly and even the work flow has allowed from more creative displays. Iit isnt said often enoough but it is worth saying a huge thank you for this, I, in particular, can be quite demanding and hard to please but credit where credit is due, a great job indeed.

Using this in a 2 man live band scenario I am,, ,

Streaming the audio
Stunning lighting show using 32 lights
Using Screen control for lyrics and chord prompts on a second monitor
Using Video timeline to send midi patches to our guitar fx processor (changes happen automatically which my guitarist loves so he is now not tied down to one side of the stage now)
Using Video timeline to send midi patches to our Vocal fx processor
Live set up with 6 pages full of songs ( page 7 is full of fx for our processors which is great for rehearsals)
Using Midi foot control board to kick off some songs we do partly accoustic (we play it accoustic and when we want the full song to kick in it happens with a simple foot pedal)

Click one button on stage and bang everything happens tightly and brilliantly ! Bliss,, ,

I do have some further ideas for inclusion which I will post soon.

Thanks for the hard work, this is now a serious bit of software and makes us look bettter than we probably are on stage :-)

Regards,

Lee and Dave.
jaxx00974

Re: Using this in a 2 man live band scenario I am,

Postby tomrbland » 19 August 2010, 16:46

Lee could I ask what program you are using to write your midi files? I can't make orion or reaper do what I want and I'm not forking out for cubase as I don't get on with it!

Your setup sounds ace :)
tomrbland

Postby jaxx00974 » 20 August 2010, 04:48

Hi mate,

We have been using Cubase for 16 years since the Atari days thus we are very well versed on it. We are using Cubase 5 x64 at the moment. If you want simple midi files created then cubbase is very easy to use for this task.

Look in this link for freeware midi sequencerrs which ill do what You require.

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MIDI_SEQUENCERS/

Good luck, thanks for the kind words about the set up, it actually goes alot moore indepth but I chosee to keep the post straightforward to prevent it becoming war & peace !

Cheers,

Lee.
jaxx00974

Postby tomrbland » 21 August 2010, 20:43

jaxx00974 wrote: it actually goes alot moore indepth but I chosee to keep the post straightforward to prevent it becoming war & peace !

It sounds like it works a treat, and sounds like a VERY good way of truly using this software to its potential. As you have made clear. It doesn't HAVE to be just for lighting.

I'll have a look at those programs tomorrow. My issue with cubase is I can understand it really, the menus don't seem logical to me. I now use a mix of Orion and Reaper..

Cheers
tomrbland

Postby jaxx00974 » 21 August 2010, 22:57

Agreed about Cubase. My guitarist and I have had our own recording studio for 15 years so knowing and working with real world studio concepts does aid the learning in Cubase. We so couldnt live without it.

As far as simple midi in cubase, all that is needed is one miniture control/ Program change then save it.

Would be great to have 2 video timelines so the lyrical telepromt is not interrupted by the insertion of vocal and guitar fx but thats me just being greedy !

Lee.
jaxx00974

Postby tomrbland » 22 August 2010, 13:32

I don't see any reason why midi can't be an optional timeline on its own. (I'll work up to asking for the software to output timecode!)
tomrbland

Postby jaxx00974 » 24 August 2010, 21:11

I reckon a double Video timeline would be better, opens more options than a dedicated Midi Timeline.

Cheers,

Lee.
jaxx00974

Postby tomrbland » 25 August 2010, 12:45

What happens if you put 2 videos on at the same time then?
tomrbland

Postby jaxx00974 » 25 August 2010, 17:58

Maybe yuor not grasping it.

Simply put,, , If you had two versions of Video Timelines you could then use all the media types in both video timeline rather than having one 'just' for midi !

I think everyone would normally work out that having two videos plaing at the same time wouldnt work, I hope they would anyway.

I could put lyric Jpegs/ Midi files/ videos in one video timeline PLUS a combination of the same in the second video timeline thus allowing us to not have jpegs cut out when midi plays etc etc.

I hope this clears it up for you.

Lee.
jaxx00974

Postby tomrbland » 25 August 2010, 20:59

jaxx00974 wrote:I think everyone would normally work out that having two videos plaing at the same time wouldnt work, I hope they would anyway.

There are some "special" people in this world...
tomrbland

Next

Return to Feedback from users