Feature Suggestions for Timeline

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Feature Suggestions for Timeline

Postby socalmagic » 13 May 2011, 15:31

I have a few feature suggestions for the Timeline. When you click a scene on the Timeline, a pop-up displays the time of the scene. However, if it has a scene directly to the right of it, then it will have a portion of the pop-up behind the next scene. This means that I have to right click, and then click Move to Specific Time to figure out what time the scene is at. This is laborius when dealing with hundreds of scenes. The pop-up should appear on top of the next scene so you can view the times without having to right click.

In addition, it would be helpful if the Timeline scrolled down. I work on a laptop, and when programming with 3D view I like to tile the Live and 3D screens. However, I can't see more than 5 timelines. It would be helpful to scroll down and view the other timelines instead of having to maximize the timeline, make the changes, and then re-tile the screens in order to view in 3D.

Otherwise, I've used the software for 5 shows now and it's worked flawlessly. Thanks!
socalmagic

Re: Feature Suggestions for Timeline

Postby support » 13 May 2011, 18:02

"left click popup message (black, green and red times) must be showed always on top" added in TODO list.
We understand the "vertical scrolling" requirement, but, because of big job, this is not in our projects for now.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Feature Suggestions for Timeline

Postby socalmagic » 28 May 2011, 19:55

I have two more feature suggestions for Timeline. One is to have a final scene that plays when the Timeline is stopped. This would allow a smooth fadeout and transistion at any point in the timeline. Also, it would be nice to set an option for the audio to fade when the timeline is deactivated. There are several third party plugins that already do this for most popular media players, so it could be used as a plugin if you use a program like winamp and the settings could be tweaked in the media player itself.
socalmagic

Return to TimeLine