Playing DMX scenes from Timeline [fixed]

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Playing DMX scenes from Timeline [fixed]

Postby agstech1 » 05 February 2011, 21:08

I currently have Chauvet ShowXpress 6.26 installed from scratch on Windows 7 64 Bit. Before installing, all other versions of ShowXpress were removed and their respective directories were deleted, so I am working with a clean install. I am unsing the Chauvet XPRESS 100 USB cable. Pretty much everything is working they way it should. I am able to set up fixtures and work with them in Builder and Visualizer (3D view). However, I was under the impression that I should be able to not only play audio from the timeline, but also should be able to play my lights from the timeline automatically in real time. However, I am unable to do this. I can play an audio track in TImeline but not a scene track that I have added into Timeline. I am using Accucable with three fixtures... two American DJ PAR 64 LED cans and one American DJ Tri Phase LED, as a test setup. Am I misunderstanding how the software works, or do I have a problem? Again, my question: How do I play a scene from Timeline? I want my different scenes to change automatically as the audio file plays through. I did make sure that the DMX button in Timeline is selected but I get now actual physical result with my lights under TImeline. I do however see the scene changes happening in 3D view if I open the 3D view window. From builder, everything works and plays as it should. Also, note that I updated drivers using the digitally signed Windows 64bit drivers and that part went smoothly.
agstech1

Re: Playing DMX scenes from Timeline

Postby support » 06 February 2011, 17:35

You can send us a zip file with your lightshow.
We will check it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Playing DMX scenes from Timeline

Postby agstech1 » 13 February 2011, 17:03

Up until the time of my last post, I had not yet opened Generator. Yesterday I opened Generator to bnegin working with it, and it was at that point I delightfully discovered Timeline is now working. I am not sure what else I did, but it is now working. I am using the same drivers and softweare I was using when the feature was not working. The only other thing on my Windows 7 computer that has changed in the past week, is a few Microsoft updates have been installed.
agstech1

Return to TimeLine