Feature Request: multiple video files at the same time

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Feature Request: multiple video files at the same time

Postby bago » 22 November 2010, 18:29

I don't know if this could be done, but it would be something I would take advantage of immediately:

I would love to be able to have multiple video files running at the same time. I would then output each to a different monitor and coordinate my lighting based on the video content. This would be a lot more cost effective then using an extremely expensive video wall controller.

Please let me know if there is any shot this could be developed?

Thanks!!
bago

Re: Feature Request

Postby support » 23 November 2010, 07:52

With the technologies we currently use, this is not possible.
If one day, we decide to do it, we will have to redo a big part of the code of application ScreenControl.
So presently, this is not in our TODO list.
This means we do not see this feature in a near future.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Feature Request: multiple video files at the same time

Postby jaxx00974 » 23 November 2010, 22:06

Now THAT would be a worthwhile addition, 2 video timelines ? I wold even pay a little contribution forthat work and effort !

Jaxx.
jaxx00974

Postby bago » 23 November 2010, 22:50

Thanks for the quick reply!

So plan B requires that I ask a follow up question. I found a cost effective video wall controller that will allow me to take non-standard sized video (which can easily be created with Adobe Premiere) and split it into multiple screens (up to 4 with a single devise) which is what I am looking to accomplish (http://www.digitalsignagelcd.com/video- ... -v140.html)

My New question is will the software allow me to play non-standard sized video such as the ones listed below under the full mode? If so, which ones?

If the player can not play any of these, then the obvious question becomes could it? Please? Pretty Please?

Thanks!!
bago

Postby support » 24 November 2010, 13:58

ScreenControl asks the OS about available screens. If you see the screens in "ScreenControl->Properties->Screen mode->Screen" drop down menu, this should be ok.
Thanks to the parameters in section "ScreenControl->Properties->Output size", it should be possible to adjust the video size on screen as required.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby bago » 24 November 2010, 14:13

This is very cool!

Just to be clear, if I produce a video clip that is 4092 x 768, the player will play that clip?

If that is the case then I am golden!

For anyone else considering this, the manufacturer of the video wall controller indicates that this video card will work :
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/ ... tions.aspx
bago

Postby support » 24 November 2010, 14:19

If you can do it with QuickTime for MacOS (or with Windows Media Player for Windows), it should be ok for ScreenControl.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to TimeLine