Multiple lines in timeline [fixed]

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Multiple lines in timeline [fixed]

Postby jkeefauver » 07 November 2010, 02:25

Am new at this so forgive me if this is an easy one. :oops:

I am using ShowXpress 6.25 in a theater setting. Am trying to set up a timeline for each song in the show. I "thought" the best way to utilize the timeline swimlanes on the screen would be to divide my lighting into functional groups (1. Back Wall Wash 2. Movers 3. PARS 4. Other). So I have my audio imported and all the #1 (Back Wall Wash) cues entered and triggering correctly. However, when I try to add the second group under it (#2 Movers), the mover scenes override the wall wash scenes. Example: I have a blue wall wash going on and want the movers to come on and hit a mark. My wall wash scene has all the faders down except for the necessary ones for the wall wash. My Movers scene has the same idea with all the faders down except the ones that control the movers, this includes the faders for the aforementioned wash strips. In other words, the Mover scene is "turning off" my wall wash fixtures instead of just adding the movers. How do I make concurrent lanes in the timeline not impact what is already going on? Or, if I'm thinking about this all wrong, please let me know what the best way to do this is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
jkeefauver

Re: Multiple lanes in timeline

Postby jaxx00974 » 07 November 2010, 12:45

That old chestnut also foxed me earlier this year.

The easiest way to have the secenes playing on their own without interacting or turning off other lights is at the editor level.

In the Editor, click new secene every time before you begin programming any light scenes remembering to 'never' touch the sliders on any other light group. This way all other lighting groups are ignored except the ones your working on.

Programme in this style for each light group so when you pop them into timeline they wont cross over andcencel one another out, works a treat.

I have 12 lighting groups encompassing 38 lights using timeline exactly the way you are, no problems.

(There is a way to do this on scenes you have already done butit istimeconsuming, ie, you need to hold down CTRL and click/tick the lights you DONt want in the scene and 'cut' them then right click on the tick and choose disable. This removes/ignores/disables them from the scene. This is time consuming so best practice is to only ever programme the lights you need from a new scene in editor)

If you need any other info then let me know.

Cheers,

Lee.
jaxx00974

Postby jkeefauver » 07 November 2010, 13:09

Thanks Lee, that's perfect and works like a charm! I really appreciate the advice.

:D
jkeefauver

Postby tomrbland » 07 November 2010, 13:51

As you say "this old chestnut" Its about the channels being active. I did a video quite a while ago on it. Not very good but it might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffY9eXGEwlA

Also there is this: http://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=383&p=1478&hilit=active+channels#p1478

Hope that helped
tomrbland

Re: Multiple lines in timeline [fixed]

Postby support » 07 November 2010, 16:59

Video added in section "Videos from users -> training".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Multiple lines in timeline [fixed]

Postby tomrbland » 07 November 2010, 23:47

Thought you had that one already, I did it ages ago! I should do a better one really.
tomrbland

Return to TimeLine