Feature suggestion.

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Feature suggestion.

Postby jaxx00974 » 06 August 2010, 13:12

Thought this would be a cool idea which would expand this software further.

Imagine being able to right click on the timline and have the option to 'add Random Directory' which would bring up a browser, you then choose a directory with say maybe 10 or 20 scenes in it (or more). then every time your timeline is played it will choose a random scene from that directory. This would allow us playing live to keep the light show fresh and different every time.

I just thought this would be a great feature.

Lee.
jaxx00974

Re: Feature suggestion.

Postby support » 06 August 2010, 16:12

The "random play" function exists already in Live->Buttons.
It might be better to improve it if required, instead of duplicating it in Live->TimeLine (?)
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby jaxx00974 » 06 August 2010, 17:03

I was meaning inside a timeline.

I have scenes I created for verses and some other scenes for choruses in songs. I think having a folder with all my vesrse scenes in them and another folder with all my chorus scenes in them. Then once I place my audio file into timeline I can have timeline choose a random verse scene from my verse folder and same with the chorus, thus getting a different light show evertime I perform the song ?

Lee.
jaxx00974

Postby tomrbland » 06 August 2010, 20:06

jaxx00974 wrote:This would allow us playing live to keep the light show fresh and different every time.

Even if the light show is old, the audience changes - and is therefore, fresh. LesMis on the West End doesn't suddenly throw a new song in or change a que to Red for a night just to keep it fresh because each show is a different audience. Surely you have a specific scene for a specific chorus (or in many peoples cases a specific phrase)? Or is your light show not that accurate, in which case would it be noticeable if it were a different scene?

On a read back I'm sorry if that sounds slightly harsh. I'm trying to understand why you need this feature?
tomrbland

Postby jaxx00974 » 06 August 2010, 20:40

It keeps it fresh for us, not the audience, thats my job on piano and vocals !

Not harsh at all my friend, just maybe a little misunderstood :-)

There is already a random feature in the Live board so it obviously isnt such an implausible idea to stretch the original idea a little bit.

Lee.
jaxx00974

Return to TimeLine