Timeline Sync Issue

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Timeline Sync Issue

Postby In10city » 31 October 2012, 00:15

I have recently switched to this application from a program called DMXis for several very solid reasons. I am experiencing one major issue that effects my planned usage, and I am looking for work-arounds:

I run tracks and general show control from Ableton Live. The plan is / was to send midi note triggers via the IAC bus on Mac between Ableton Live and Live (within the lighting software).

I have created several timelines for specific songs and created triggers. When I send the trigger from Ableton by starting the song, there is an inherent delay in loading the timeline. I tried adjusting for the delay, but the problem is that it is not a perfectly consistent amount of delay. So, I can't seem to reliably trigger the timeline and have it sync with the audio correctly. Any ideas?? THANKS!
In10city

Re: Timeline Sync Issue

Postby support » 31 October 2012, 08:13

This might help: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=310
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby In10city » 31 October 2012, 14:34

Thank you for the fast response, by I believe you may not have read my question fully. I had done a search and had already read those posts.

There is no problem with sync of audio in timeline to lights. The problem is the 1-1.5 second delay from the time the timeline is triggered til the time it actually starts playing. Please help if you can. I'm dead in the water until I resolve this and if it is unresolvable I'm going to have to return (4) interfaces and start over with different software.

Thanks.
In10city

Postby support » 31 October 2012, 16:23

So far, users using pure WAV files with "clean" computers report delay is roughly a half second, and this delay is constant.
We do not know why this delay is bigger and not constant with your computer.
Anyway, TimeLine can not be more accurate than a half second.

FYI, for very accurate timelined shows, we use an "audio midi player" which plays the music and sends midi notes to trigger buttons in Live.
Please watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHIGTaF1RvQ&
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to TimeLine