Can we upload timelines into the interface ?

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Can we upload timelines into the interface ?

Postby Tyrone Blue » 27 September 2012, 03:08

I have been using ShowXpress for a few years, and obtained an older "plus" version two years ago. I could import 14 shows into the rack mounted version, which is fine.

I recently purchased the new Xpress Plus box and remote, and have a few questions. The remote has 18 buttons, but the software mentions it will store 10 shows. When I go to the store to interface page of the program, it lists more than 10 shows available for download to the interface. What am I missing?

And, am I still able to take a show stored in "Timeline" and import it to the box for playback with the remote... if so... how (I realize I won't get the audio, but what about the rest of the scenes)? The time line shows have a different tag at the end ("tml"). How do I change my timeline show to a scene that I can store in the interface as an "sce"? Anyone with answers, feel free to e-mail me at "BrainerdDJ@aol.com"
Tyrone Blue

Re: Question about timeline with my "Plus" box...

Postby support » 27 September 2012, 06:31

It is possible to store up to 18 scenes in interface Remote. Please tell us where you read "10 shows" ?

It is not possible to upload timelines in the interface.

PS: with recent software version, it is possible to insert scenes, in Editor. In the next version, it will be possible to merge scenes, in Editor.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Can we upload timelines into the interface ?

Postby Tyrone Blue » 27 September 2012, 16:59

OK, thanks. The advertisements mention "10" shows can be loaded into the interface for later playback without a computer. I found 18, as you mentioned.

I will have to re-build my timeline show as a "scene", so that I can train an assistant who doesn't know how to program, to use the lighting (without my computer at the venue)... and simply play an audio CD and hope to link it as close as possible.

It would be amazing if that possibility was included in the software (changing a "tml" to an "sce"). Food for thought.

I haven't been on these boards for several years... guess I'll have to visit more often. Thanks again!
Tyrone Blue

Postby Tyrone Blue » 28 September 2012, 02:04

As a side note, on your question of where I saw there were only 10 shows in the interface... you mentioned it yourself in a previous post. I will assume the 10 has changed to 18 since that post???

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33
Tyrone Blue

Postby support » 29 September 2012, 07:07

Thank you for this info.
This was a mistake ; we just changed to 18.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to TimeLine