copy/paste section in Timeline [fixed]

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Re: copy/paste section in Timeline

Postby jaxx00974 » 01 July 2010, 22:43

Great stuff gents, good updates.

Just wondering when copy/ paste will be available ?

I am still using 5.21 as it is all located in a single folder still which suits me just now but will convert to v6 once copy paste becomes available.

I did lighting track to a WAV file and was failry complex with lots os repeated light squences in multiple choruses which took many hours, it would have taken minutes with copy and paste ?

Keep up the fab work,

Regards,

Lee.
jaxx00974

Postby support » 02 July 2010, 09:46

This is not in the priority list.

FYI, the timeline projects from V5 are supposed to be compatible with V6.
http://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby jaxx00974 » 02 July 2010, 18:56

I dont wish to appear trite but I regard copy and paste as a massive priority, anyone agree ? time ved (ie 4 hoours) comparied to like 30 mins using copy and paste is a huge benefit.

Regards,

Lee.
jaxx00974

Postby tomrbland » 05 July 2010, 20:01

Lee, I have to agree with you now that V6 seems pretty stable.

I would save so much time! When a chorus comes back I wouldn't have to spend half an hour getting all the scenes in the right place!

Along with a 'view' of the audio - I mentioned this a while ago :)
tomrbland

Postby jaxx00974 » 08 July 2010, 23:52

Glad you agree Tomrbland.

To the programmers, may I explain how I use the software.

Got the Box, 30 DMx lights and play on stage (whole show is set up in the garage for programming and looks incredible) (12 pars, 2 omega scanners, one acme scanner, 2 lux moving heads, one tri laser, one firework laser,Two 500w halogens, one mushroom, one hexaflower, 2 quadflowers, 4 moonflowers, hazer, phaser and another simple smoke machine)

We use the Live and Timeline to insert our backing tracks and lighting.

We have created many 100's of different scenes for almost each light thus use Timeline almost like inserting jigsaw pieces (rather than trying to do multiple steps to coincidee with audio which is a mathematical impossibility when requiring tight timing)

Thus we put so much effort into the lights and when we creat a complex timeline for a chorus we would love to be able to copy it and place it into every chorus quickly.
We have over 60 songs to do and each second of every song is carefully and cleverly arranged using the lights,

Copy and paste would allow us to do these songs in perhaps a week rather than averaging one song per night to programme.

There are a couple of other things I would love included in the software but bothing more important than copy/ Ppaste and of course seeing the Audio WAV is a fab idea seeing as most of us sowrk in Audio editors and can even read a wav files dynamics without even listening.

My hope is you agree and include copy and paste ssoon because we need it pronto, my realist part of me says it will probably appear 'after' we finifhs the songs, lol

Fingers crossed guys, please ?

Lee.
jaxx00974

Postby support » 25 July 2010, 22:29

copy/paste section in TimeLine is available in version 6.24 beta.
http://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=302
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Previous

Return to TimeLine