Midi triggering realtime lights and timeline sequences.

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Midi triggering realtime lights and timeline sequences.

Postby razortongue1 » 16 June 2012, 21:51

I am currently am using the show xpress program to trigger dmx lights constantly thru the midi notes of a drum trigger module with the 512xpress and a usb to midi box, when my drummer hits certain drums it triggers certain lights. I also recently added some pads that can trigger a timeline with a click track in the audio timeline for my drummer to play to in headphones and a light show written to it at the same time. Each song has a show with light scenes that are pre written sequences at times, but at other times where the music gets speratic and complex i put a off button at the end of a scene and at that moment the drum triggers will trigger real time lights from midi notes from certain drums. The issue is when i have complex light scenes running the program does not reconize the live realtime midi signals from the triggers. However when playing more simple light scenes in timeline like a wash sequence the triggers sending the midi notes to trigger the live light show cut thru and are flashing during a wash lighting scene. I am trying to figure out why on some scenes it will allow both to happen at the same time, live real time lights triggered from midi notes on drums and a pre written scene in timeline at the same time, and other times when certain scenes come up that are more complex the live midi drums wont show thru while the scene is playing in timeline. I know it sounds confusing let me know if u follow. Thanks for all your help and the amazing program, without it i wouldnt be able to do any of this. Maybe there is some button or setting im missing that cancels midi information from being read while a certain scene is playing.
razortongue1

Return to TimeLine