Timeline looping (chase)?

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Timeline looping (chase)?

Postby Detour DJ » 08 February 2012, 01:07

I'm carrying a conversation in the Buttons sections over to here. Can Timelines be looped? I'm trying to discover a way to design chases that uses linked scenes instead of absolute values. As I've noted in the Buttons section, linking to scenes just makes more sense to my logic. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a way to loop a Timeline. Am I missing something? Without this capability, I'm stuck with either a linear (non-looping) Timeline sequence, or tedious "static" methods of making chases. Surely, the amazingly talented folks designing ShowX will help me out... :D

(Chase Macro button...think about it!) ;)
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
Detour DJ, Sound & Lighting
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
http://www.DetourDJ.com
Detour DJ

Re: Timeline looping (chase)?

Postby support » 08 February 2012, 08:25

You have to create a "timeline" button, in Live>Buttons.
When triggered from the tab Live>Buttons, the timeline loops by default.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Detour DJ » 08 February 2012, 12:49

But what sets the length of the timeline? I set up a simple chase/sequence of (3) scenes in Timeline, placed a "Stop" command at the end, saved it, then loaded it into Live as a button. Pressing that button, it played the 3 scenes perfectly, then reverted to default (all zero) settings. No looping. Trying it again with the stop removed, it goes to the 3rd scene and stays there. No looping.

In order for it to loop, I would think the timeline would need an end that serves as a flag to jump back to the start. How do you determine the end?
Larz Hanson
Owner-Operator
Detour DJ, Sound & Lighting
7431 Frontage Road NW
Cleveland, TN 37312
(423) 432-3489
DetourDJ@gmail.com
http://www.DetourDJ.com
Detour DJ

Postby dkumpula » 19 February 2012, 22:03

Hi Larz,

The Timeline length is set by choosing Timeline-Properties when you have your timeline loaded in the Timeline tab of Live. If your scene steps add up to 10 seconds, just set the Timeline to be 10 seconds long and it will loop as soon as it completes. No Stop is necessary, but if you do have a Stop or Off at the end of the timeline, it will reset everything back to zero before looping of course.

-David
dkumpula

Return to TimeLine