Chauvet - Derby X

ask here the fixture profile you need for Editor

Chauvet - Derby X

Postby fppmedia » 18 February 2019, 15:49

The 8 channel Chauvet Derby X light is still very much a guilty little favorite of mines and I would like to purchase at least 3 more.. But I don’t think I’m getting all the features of this unit via DMX by way of the Chauvet Show Express 512.
The DipSwitch function for the “addressing” is not much of a problem, but finding the correct profile for the unit’s features is not in the “discontinued” category win I add it to my set up...
Is there a manual profile that I can enter to get all the (proper) DMX features of this light?
fppmedia

Re: Chauvet Derby X profile settings

Postby support » 18 February 2019, 16:35

Please provide a link of the PDF and we will do the profile for you.
https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... f=3&t=2453
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby fppmedia » 18 February 2019, 19:07

I may be misunderstanding you.. But when you say “PDF” , do you need a copy of the “Specs” of this particular unit from the mfg?
Thank you for the quick reply to this matter... I’m actually trying to resolve today and learn at the same time.
fppmedia

Postby fppmedia » 18 February 2019, 19:39

I have included the txt of the Chauvet Derby X DMX light 8 channel
fppmedia

Postby fppmedia » 19 February 2019, 01:29

My recent post requesting help finding a profile setting for the Chauvet Derby X Light opened a "can of worms" for me and i just spent a little time realizing that I will be better of creating my own "Personality" for the unit.. Or at least a close match to the default.
I came up with the following profile (BELOW) and i would like some help with editing it or if it is alright the way it is... I sort of like it the way it is but am flexible.. Feel free to edit and send me a try of what comes up.
Attachments
DERBY X PROFILE.txt
Please feel free to edit
(757 Bytes) Downloaded 605 times
fppmedia

Postby support » 19 February 2019, 08:32

We could improve it a bit, but we need the manual of this fixture in order to make the best possible personality file.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Chauvet - Derby X

Postby fppmedia » 19 February 2019, 16:26

https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content/up ... 5_WO-1.pdf

published Chauvet manual for Derby X 8 channel effects led light
fppmedia

Postby SeekLighting » 20 February 2019, 11:54

Hey mate,

Just so you know, you will never get this fixture to display properly in 3D View. The 3D Visualiser does not support it.

When Support comes back with your finished fixture profile, it will still work to control your physical light just fine. However it won't display properly in 3D View.

Refer to this post I made in a different topic:

https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... 654#p23654

Basically, the visualiser is designed to support displaying standard varieties of fixtures, based on regular archetypes (moving head spot, LED par can, etc.). Weird DJ effect lights like this have hundreds of different variations and beam effects, and it would be near impossible for the programmers to go in and create 3D models for every single one of these weird fixtures.

To give you an idea as well, I don't know of a visualiser that DOES support these. Chamsys, GrandMA, etc. all have the same limitations.
SeekLighting

Postby fppmedia » 20 February 2019, 15:09

Yes, you are quite right my friend.. I discovered that the Chauvet Derby X wasn’t showing up in the 3D table, and being that the fixture is several years old, and was not being supported by current visualizers, I resigned to using these light effects as closers after the crowd is well served with a disciplined programed light show.
The “throw, color, patterns and chase” of this unit are “fun” and “whimsical” visually..
I think they look better spread about in a round configuration on stage.
fppmedia

Postby support » 20 February 2019, 22:16

Done.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to Fixture profile requirement for Editor