ADJ - Pocket Pro

ask here the fixture profile you need for Editor

Re: ADJ - Pocket Pro

Postby tonytone » 27 June 2018, 10:55

BartKrap wrote:
tonytone wrote:I've got the pocket pro working now however I can imagine its going to take me ages to program them and could do with some programs for a few gigs I have coming up in the next few days. Would anyone know if there is anywhere to download any programs/scenes from please?

Thanks.

I don't have a pocket pro but I can give you my workflow which is quite fast for me.

1. Make sure you can turn on the lamp. I know it's basic but you can't imagine how often I missed that step and the lamps didn't turn on at the moment I wanted them.
2. Program movements and positions (use the generator for movements)
3. Program colours and gobo's.
4. Program effects like dimmer chases or whatever you come up with that you think might look cool.

Hi and thanks for the info. I'm really new to the light programming however I went through the training last night and made a scene which looks good using the generator. I will just have to work really hard getting more done for Sunday as got a large gig on Monday, its just I got gigs Thurs, Fri and Saturday so just the Sunday off!

I suppose I can make some scenes using the macro's too just to speed things up, its really cool though as the few include programs aren't that great as the lights are wild and need taming. I got another 2 on the way so will have 4 in total. The software is great though, really easy to get to grips with so looking forward to getting in to the programming side of things!
tonytone

Re: ADJ - Pocket Pro

Postby BartKrap » 27 June 2018, 12:30

tonytone wrote:
BartKrap wrote:
tonytone wrote:I've got the pocket pro working now however I can imagine its going to take me ages to program them and could do with some programs for a few gigs I have coming up in the next few days. Would anyone know if there is anywhere to download any programs/scenes from please?

Thanks.

I don't have a pocket pro but I can give you my workflow which is quite fast for me.

1. Make sure you can turn on the lamp. I know it's basic but you can't imagine how often I missed that step and the lamps didn't turn on at the moment I wanted them.
2. Program movements and positions (use the generator for movements)
3. Program colours and gobo's.
4. Program effects like dimmer chases or whatever you come up with that you think might look cool.

Hi and thanks for the info. I'm really new to the light programming however I went through the training last night and made a scene which looks good using the generator. I will just have to work really hard getting more done for Sunday as got a large gig on Monday, its just I got gigs Thurs, Fri and Saturday so just the Sunday off!

I suppose I can make some scenes using the macro's too just to speed things up, its really cool though as the few include programs aren't that great as the lights are wild and need taming. I got another 2 on the way so will have 4 in total. The software is great though, really easy to get to grips with so looking forward to getting in to the programming side of things!

To give you a small sneak peak. Making basic shows will become a lot easier in the near future ;)

Good luck with your show and if you have any specific questions you can message me or put them here. I check every so often.
The best way to learn it is to just do it. You'll make mistakes in the beginning but you'll learn from them.

Have fun

Greets

Bart
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Previous

Return to Fixture profile requirement for Editor