Elation - Design Spot LED

ask here the fixture profile you need for Editor

Elation - Design Spot LED

Postby gilsontech » 09 June 2010, 07:21

So I tried creating my own fixture profile for the Elation Design Spot LED Moving Head Fixture and ran into a few problems...

Here's the file I created: http://gilsontech.com/Design%20Spot%20LED%20(Extended).txt
Here's the PDF Manual: http://elationlighting.com/pdffiles/design-spot-led-manual.pdf

First off, the Lamp is a 90w LED, but there's only an option for 30 and 60w LED.
Also I can't see where to add colors, Gobos or other Icons.

Thanks for any help.
-Josh
Working on the next BIG thing
gilsontech

Re: Elation Design Spot LED

Postby tomrbland » 09 June 2010, 08:57

Ok, good effort of a complex fixture.

The fixture is 90w LED but this is instead of it being a 250W lamp, so use 250W lamp.

If you double click a channel then you get a new window of all the available channels to chose from but these are the ones for your fixture that haven't worked: ( Dennis you may find that helpful @Josh, sorry to hijack this post a little, I am also helping another user)

Use the function "upan" for "pan fine" Im not sure why it's u. (utilt for fine tilt)

Use gobo or gobo2 for channel 7

gobo_rotate for channel 8

Channel 9 use gobo_urotate (u again being fine)

For channel 10 choose gobo from the list.

Channel 11 is personal preference as it doesn't display in 3D view any way.

For 20 use pantilt_speed

Personally for 21 I would use "control"

For gobos, double click a level and then in the window that appears choose "Chauvet" in the top right hand corner. Then just choose your gobo

For Colours if you double click the channel "colours" and then choose colour from the menu. (You made these just by typing in the channel name yeah? The best way to do it is this double click method then the software knows what you mean because to it "colours" and "colour" are two totally different words.) You will then see some of your colours fill in. The ones that dont - double click them and choose the correct name from the list.

Hope that helped.

I can email you the file if you want or I would suggest finishing it off from where you got to.

Hope that helps
Tom
Last edited by tomrbland on 09 June 2010, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
tomrbland

Postby gilsontech » 09 June 2010, 09:03

Thanks Tom. I'll make the changes. First offi don't see the area to choose colors or gobos anywhere in the fixture program. Second how do I make it where the gobos show in the 3D program?
gilsontech

Postby tomrbland » 09 June 2010, 09:09

Yeha this was as I said if you double click the channel for gobo and choose "gobo" from the list you can then select your gobo by double clicking the levels. But you can only do this AFTER you have the correct name for the channel. The channel name denotes what appears in the window when you double click a level.

It is the same with colour.

I'm going to do a video today (hopefully online by this afternoon) all about fixture making etc
tomrbland

Postby support » 09 June 2010, 09:28

We just revised your profile (it is indeed a good first try).
It is available in regular location.

Please note that channel/level names are case sensitive.
We suggest you to select existing icons (when possible) with the mouse ; this will avoid syntax problems.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby tomrbland » 09 June 2010, 18:32

Here is my video, I tried to make it quite clear but I get fumbled with my words a bit! I cant concentrate on 2 things at once!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A90qIfMxDWU
tomrbland

Postby gilsontech » 09 June 2010, 18:42

LOL, No wonder I'm soooo lost! Thanks for the video Tom, I was watching and going "I swear I've done that before!?"

Take a look at the attached image, My ShowXpress software is blank in the fixture profile area as you can see.
Support - I've reloaded the software and still have the same problem, any ideas?

-Thanks.
-Josh
gilsontech

Postby tomrbland » 09 June 2010, 19:44

It takes mine a while to load but they do load!

I'm no expert but just a quick thought, do you have the icon files? If you go to C:\Program Files\SweetLight\icons there should be 4 folders each containing icons for channel levels.

Just my first thoughts. It probably isn't the problem but worth checking?
tomrbland

Postby gilsontech » 09 June 2010, 19:46

Yup they're in the software folders, and i left the window open for over a minute but nothing ever comes up, weird huh!?
gilsontech

Postby tomrbland » 09 June 2010, 20:18

Bah, windows 7 for you! :D
tomrbland

Next

Return to Fixture profile requirement for Editor