Elation - ELED Fresenel

ask here the fixture profile you need for Editor

Elation - ELED Fresenel

Postby gilsontech » 03 June 2010, 21:16

Working on the next BIG thing
gilsontech

Re: Elation ELED Fresenel

Postby tomrbland » 05 June 2010, 11:30

It really doesn't take long to make these yourself. The less time Support have to spend making them the more time they have to develop the software.
tomrbland

Postby gilsontech » 05 June 2010, 19:34

@tomrbland

While I understand what you mean, my thought is that once they make the profile (which is much faster than I could ever make them). Also Support has said several time "we will do them for you (for free)." (http://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/ ... highlight=)

In Addition, once they've created the profile once, it's added to the general library which in turn will help all users world-wide!

Thanks though.
-Josh
gilsontech

Postby tomrbland » 05 June 2010, 22:40

Or alternatively you could spend 2 minutes (which is how long it takes to make a fixture like the Fresnel) learning how to use this very powerful software better and then post your new profile on the forum so it can be added to the library? If I get chance over the next few days I will make some of them.

The reason I say this is that support take the kind attitude that they will make them for you if you need them (companies like Cast who make WYSIWYG, say you get what you are given and you have to wait till the next update for more fixtures) but I think that there is a big difference between asking for one fixture every once in a while which doesn't take very long to do, and asking for many to be done all at once. To me it feels like that is slightly taking advantage of a generous offer.

(No offence meant by any of the above, I am simply looking at this from the point of view of some one who regularly builds fixtures. I often turn up to a gig not knowing what is there and find a light rig that I have never heard of and neither has Sweetlight. I guess the profiles and call them "light NO at PLACENAME" takes about 2-3 minuets per fixture)

But anyway, I will leave you too it. As I say if I get chance I will build them for you (unless support do them first) I will probably have time on Monday. Good luck if you do try to make them your self :) Its quite satisfying once you start making your own gobos for 3D view and everything!
tomrbland

Postby tomrbland » 06 June 2010, 18:15

If you go to www.tombland.org.uk/sweetlight you will find the files for both modes of this fixture there
tomrbland

Postby gilsontech » 06 June 2010, 18:58

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have made fixture profiles for other lights, but I had trouble here in V6. Thank You though!!

@Support - Will you be able add Tom's profiles to the library, thanks.

-Josh
gilsontech

Postby support » 06 June 2010, 21:37

This is done.
We made already a part of them, but Tom was faster than us.
Thank you again Tom.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Fixture profile requirement for Editor