Stand alone is not working [fixed]

Stand alone is not working [fixed]

Postby info@mccosta.nl » 27 March 2020, 15:40

Dear Sweetlight,

I have a Quick DMX 512 plus interface. I really want to use the 'Stand Alone' function, but it doesn't really work. Right now i'm using the latest sofware (version 2020). The interface is actually responding to the remote control by flickering when i'm using the remote control and pointing at the interface. So that's not the problem. The problem is that nothing is happening when I use one of the stand alone buttons.

In my opinion i'm doing everything right by enabling the DMX 512plus interface, setting a lightprogram with time limit and then upload this to the interface. The software also says that uploading is succeeded. After that (after shutting down the program/software) and pushing the button (for example 1) at the remote control nothing is happening. But then again: the interface is actually responding by flickering, but i cannot see my lightprogram i uploaded.

I am wondering if there is just one button or click i am missing in this program/software.

Please, can you send me a guide or something or can you tell where i'm going wrong?

Looking forward to hear from you.
info@mccosta.nl

Re: Stand alone (version 2020) is not working

Postby support » 27 March 2020, 16:37

Please post a link to download a ZIP of your lightshow (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... ?f=3&t=168).
And tell us what model is your dmx interface.
We will check that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby info@mccosta.nl » 28 March 2020, 10:24

Thank you for the quick responding. I just send you the link to my lightshow in zip-file. Including the link to our topic in the forum.

My DMX interface is Showtec Quick DMX D512 Plus. I use version 9.2.11 (version EFK 2020).

I hope you can tell me where i'm going wrong in using stand alone version.
info@mccosta.nl

Postby support » 30 March 2020, 14:23

With the same interface (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... ?f=19&t=33) and your lightshow, after upload process and software quit, the scene "ALL MAGENTA" auto starts as expected.
Please tell us if you see this scene running or not.
If not, please tell more about the dmx outputs ; are they all at level "0" ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 30 March 2020, 14:38

PS: after checking your lightshow folder, we saw there is another lightshow (called "default") in your lightshow ("Lichtshow M.c Costa").
This is not normal.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby info@mccosta.nl » 30 March 2020, 19:59

Unfortunately i cannot see all magenta auto starts as expected. It is not just the 'auto' start, but all the scenes (also without auto start) aren't working by stand alone version. Please can you export you're lightshow and sent it to me? An export show where a stand alone is included with scenes that work in stand alone with all the right adjustments.
Where can i see the DMX OUtputs? One channel is switch to '1'.

Further. I see in my zip-file that there is actually a map called standalone - scenes - universe buttons. Then how is it possible that i can not recall them by remote control? Again, the interface is responding to the remote control.
info@mccosta.nl

Postby support » 30 March 2020, 22:11

Only button#1 works.
The "Zone" parameter of the other buttons is set to "disable".

We use your lightshow, without any change ; we just clicked on "Upload" to upload the standalone data to the dmx interface.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby info@mccosta.nl » 31 March 2020, 07:31

And which zones do i need to choose for all the other buttons? And how does it work with time limit. Shall i set a time limit? If yess, how long?
info@mccosta.nl

Postby support » 31 March 2020, 08:14

Please follow this to check the standalone scenes: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =74&t=5125
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby info@mccosta.nl » 31 March 2020, 11:02

PROBLEM SOLVED! An hour ago i finally got the software stand alone working. All the 18 scenes are uploaded and are working. Thank you for the quick responses and help :)
info@mccosta.nl

Next

Return to Trash