Lights cross channeling

post here other topics

Lights cross channeling

Postby crwhite57 » 24 July 2018, 23:57

Ok, I have 2 Chauvet color rails and a spider moving head. The rails are set to 7 channels and the spider is set at 38 channels. Now the problem is that if I have all 3 fixtures selected the color channels on the rail changes the color of the first light on my spider and visa versa. Anyone have any ideas why it is doing that and how to fix it without having to deselect a fixture? Everything was working great until my computer crashed and I reinstalled everything again.
crwhite57

Re: Lights cross channeling

Postby marco » 25 July 2018, 04:50

In the top there are 2 buttons, 1 for linking channels and 1 for linking fixtures
Deselect the channel linking, they are on the same row as the save button just before the play button
marco

Postby crwhite57 » 25 July 2018, 12:58

I tried that and the only thing it did was make it so I had to set each fixture individually. I thought I could have them all highlighted and make changes to groups of the same fixtures. I have plans to buy 2 more color rails and 5 more spiders. I have all of the future fixtures set in there also so I won't have to reprogram the steps in all my scenes when I get them. Guess I am going to just have to program each group by themselves in each step.
If you have any other ideas of what I can do.
Thanks
crwhite57

Postby marco » 26 July 2018, 01:01

If u select the 3 fixtures and u change color then every color channel will follow, this is why u select them all
Unlinking let u set it different in a step,
This did work for u before the reinstall???
Are the dmx adress. Different now then???
The easy way to programm the diffent fixtures is to make groups, say a en b, then when u programm a step u push a for the rails and b for the spider
Personally i dont like programming diffent fixtures in 1 scene, i would programm diffent scenes with only the rails, put the on a page in live with all rail buttons,
then different scenes with the spider only and put the in live on page spider scenes
, later in live i combine them or use diffent combinations
But remember when doing so push everytime the new scene button,to deaktivated all unused channels
marco

Return to Other