DMX on/off lasers go random edit + timeline [fixed]

post here other topics

DMX on/off lasers go random edit + timeline [fixed]

Postby The PPL » 20 March 2012, 06:59

After I create a scene with the lasers I return the channels so the lasers are off. The dmx is still on in the edit window but when I shut it off
the lasers go into a random mode. If I leave it DMX on in the edit window with the laser channels off the scene the lasers won't turn on during the scenes played from the timeline. If I turn the DMX off in the edit window and turn the DMX on in the timeline window the lasers are in a random until a scene plays and they're programmed to turn off. As soon as I hit stop they go back into the random mode. What is the difference between the DMX on/off in the edit and timeline windows?
Or is there a way to control the lasers in a different way, laser black-out to turn them off or settings on the lasers so they are off sound mode when the dmx is off?
Thanks for your time.
The PPL

Re: DMX on/off lasers go random edit + timeline

Postby dkumpula » 20 March 2012, 22:07

What kind of laser device are you trying to control? I once owned a laser that when the mode channel was 0 would go into an auto mode instead of shutting off. I wonder if that is your issue.

When Editor is not set to output DMX it doesn't transmit any DMX signals. Likewise for Timeline unless it is set to output DMX AND also actively playing a timeline.

-David
dkumpula

Postby The PPL » 21 March 2012, 01:29

I'm using Focas9 DJ09 Lasers, if I leave the edit window DMX on until I hit play in the timeline then go back and turn DMX off in the edit all the scenes playback
lasers on/off properly. This doesn't solve my problem because I want trigger the light show through midi. The lasers if not turn off by dmx are
always on they don't have their own off mode, just sound sensitivity nob. To bad the timeline dmx on/off only works when it's in playback mode, thanks again for your time.
The PPL

Postby marco » 21 March 2012, 04:27

Hi
There is an easy fix
1 The scene u use in editor, save this under laser blackout( turn dmx in editor off)
2 Create a page in live (name it startup)( turn dmx in live on)
3 create on this page the button with the scene laser blackout
4 push this button on,
5 if its on never touch this button again during the show
6 if u program timeline the button wil be overide by the scene in timeline(automaticly) or an other button in live
7 if in time line the new scene end the scene in startup will take over again

Read also some topics about layering scenes to prevent strange behaver
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1244
marco

Postby The PPL » 21 March 2012, 06:28

Hey it works, seems so simple now. Thanks for your time and your help.
The PPL

Return to Other