Wireless Transmitter Not Sending Signal

post here other topics

Wireless Transmitter Not Sending Signal

Postby KRkrKR » 26 July 2022, 04:21

Hello All!

I am a brand newbian to lighting and am setting up showxpress for the first time.

I'm trying to patch a single Slimpar 56, with a Donner wireless transmitter and receiver.

I followed setup instructions for patching in a fixture, made sure that I was selecting the correct device, correct channel mode, and correct DMX address.

After patching in I made sure that I clicked the DMX send button in the Steps tab, it is green and sending,

However, I see no response from my Slimpar, and the lights are not blinking on my (fully charged) wireless transmitter or receiver.

I'm running on a 2016 MacBook Pro, Monterey. Power indicator is on and PC link light is blinking on my Showxpress book.

What am I missing?
KRkrKR

Re: Wireless Transmitter Not Sending Signal

Postby KRkrKR » 26 July 2022, 04:24

Also- I made sure that, when charging, transmitter and receiver were set to the same frequency/color. Neither one is lighting up when paired when plugged into their respective homes
KRkrKR

Postby Robin_D » 26 July 2022, 07:57

Find a cable and connect the dmx output directly to the PAR. If that doesn't work then you have a problem with either the DMX output device, or the PAR. You have four devices in the chain, it could be any of them causing the issue, or a patching issue in ShowXpress. Best get as few links in the chain to get it working, then worry about the wireless link.

Just because the screen shows DMX being sent, doesn't mean it actually is. All its telling you is that DMX output is turned on in the software.

Try another luminaries if possible.

Good luck.
Robin_D

Postby support » 26 July 2022, 07:58

Please confirm that all these points are ok : https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... f=15&t=613
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby KRkrKR » 26 July 2022, 11:04

Thank you all!

Issue is resolved as a problem with the transmitter and receiver.
KRkrKR

Postby support » 26 July 2022, 15:53

Good news !
Thank you for the feedback.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Other