IR data not being received [fixed]

usb to dmx - internal calendar - remote controller sensor (2009 - 2019)

Re: IR data not being received

Postby dj_drew » 31 May 2012, 06:56

So I just got a replacement Xpress-512 Plus and it's doing the exact same thing the last one did. The IR indicator light is not flashing when using the remote and the unit is not responding to the remote. Again it works fine when controlled directly through the computer. What the 'F' do I do now?
dj_drew

Postby support » 31 May 2012, 07:31

We see two possibilities:
- either all the interfaces you got have the IR electronic circuitry brocken (and only this part). In that case, we should see several other users telling about same problem in this forum.
- or the dedicated IR remote controller is brocken, and the pre-programmed universal remote does not send "Philips" IR codes

Did the second interface come with a new dedicated IR remote controller ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby dj_drew » 31 May 2012, 07:36

It was the original remote that originally did work and then stopped working.
dj_drew

Postby dj_drew » 31 May 2012, 07:48

I just programmed a universal remote control with a Phillips TV IR codes and the Xpress-512 Plus is responding. I had originally copied the IR codes from the remote to a master universal remote and both the original and master stopped working at the same time for the last xPress-512 Plus.
dj_drew

Postby support » 31 May 2012, 08:01

Ok, so it works now.
Regarding the original remote controller, please try to change the battery.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: IR data not being received [fixed]

Postby dj_drew » 31 May 2012, 08:42

Tried 3 different batteries, all new.
dj_drew

Postby support » 31 May 2012, 08:52

So please return the remote controller to your retailer for maintenance service.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby vincejr » 12 August 2012, 05:30

I have a very similar problem, my IR commands do not seem to be being received by the express 512, yet the PC runs it fine.....

Express 512 plus, connected to PC via USB. Blue power light on the express is on and my light shows run perfectly Live from the PC.

I have made several scenes and stored them into the slots 1-6 on the express 512. I am trying to get these scenes to run without the Show Express software, i.e. in Stand-Alone mode by using the handheld remote.

I know my hand held remote is good because we tested it with a remote tester and also learned the IR commands into another universal remote controller, just to make sure the codes were being transmitted in a standard format (i.e. not corrupted).... If there was a problem with my express remote, then it would have failed one or both of those tests. So my remote is transmitting IR codes and has fresh batteries...

So I have 5 questions or problems:: please help:: -->

1. When I send a command via the IR remote, the IR light does NOT blink on the express 512. Why is this? Does ShowExpress have to be closed on the PC for stand alone to work and for the IR commands to be received?

2. When I close out ShowExpress on the PC (quit the program) my light show stops, even though I stored the show scenes into the express stand alone slots, and uploaded them to the controller. Why is this?

3. Can you explain what is the proper configuration of software and the steps that are needed to be taken in the right order, to get the express 512 plus to operate in stand alone mode? Such as, must the ShowExpress software be closed/quit on the PC for the 512 express to work in stand alone mode? Must a preset recall button be pressed in order for the Express 512 to begin working in stand alone mode?

4. Can you explain the function of the extra settings for each preset slot in the stand alone upload dialog box? For instance, what is the purpose of the ON/OFF state setting, the calendar setting, and the time start/stop setting? Specifically, what happens if you have multiple presets set to the 'on' state? Will the express try to run both presets and layer them??

5. What happens if you have two presets on the express 512, and try to run both of them at the same time, I assume this will 'layer' the presets and attempt to run them simultaneously? What would happen if those two presets are set to activate the same fixtures on the same dmx addresses? Will they conflict and try to fight each other, or will one of the conflicting scenes be turned 'off' by the controller??

Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate any help, as this has been stumping me for a few days now...
Thanks
Vince
vincejr

Postby support » 12 August 2012, 09:22

1. When I send a command via the IR remote, the IR light does NOT blink on the express 512. Why is this? Does ShowExpress have to be closed on the PC for stand alone to work and for the IR commands to be received?

Yes IR function is made only for stand-alone use (no running pc software).

2. When I close out ShowExpress on the PC (quit the program) my light show stops,

It makes sence for us.

even though I stored the show scenes into the express stand alone slots, and uploaded them to the controller. Why is this?
It still makes sence for us. Then you use IR messages to trigger the stand-alone scenes.

3. Can you explain what is the proper configuration of software and the steps that are needed to be taken in the right order, to get the express 512 plus to operate in stand alone mode? Such as, must the ShowExpress software be closed/quit on the PC for the 512 express to work in stand alone mode?

Yes.

Must a preset recall button be pressed in order for the Express 512 to begin working in stand alone mode?

Yes, or alternatively you can check the option "on" in "Button setting" section. Then the scene will automatically start at interface power on.

4. Can you explain the function of the extra settings for each preset slot in the stand alone upload dialog box? For instance, what is the purpose of the ON/OFF state setting

See answer above.

what happens if you have multiple presets set to the 'on' state? Will the express try to run both presets and layer them??

It it will.

5. What happens if you have two presets on the express 512, and try to run both of them at the same time, I assume this will 'layer' the presets and attempt to run them simultaneously?

Yes it will.

What would happen if those two presets are set to activate the same fixtures on the same dmx addresses? Will they conflict and try to fight each other, or will one of the conflicting scenes be turned 'off' by the controller??

Last scene should override other scenes. But doing such scenes programming makes no sence.

Note regarding the parameter "Zone":
- a new scene switches off any existing running scene from the same zone
- scenes from different zone are stacked
There are totally 4 zones, so up to 4 scenes can be played simultaneously.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Previous

Return to Remote