Digital Signature?! D512?!

usb to dmx (2009 - 2019)

Digital Signature?! D512?!

Postby CHR1155 » 05 March 2016, 05:01

Hi guys,

I hope you can help, as ive spent the last few hours pulling my hair out.

I recently got a new laptop running windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I have installed the software just fine, but when i go to install the drivers for the D512 they wont install properly saying:

"WINDOWS CANNOT VERIFY THE DIGITAL SIGNATURE FOR THE DRIVERS REQUIRED FOR THIS DEVICE....."

Is this a known problem, and is there a fix? I have show in 12 hours and i need this sorting asap!

Hopefully someone can help!!,
Chris
CHR1155

Re: Digital Signature?! D512?!

Postby support » 07 March 2016, 10:09

Please read this post: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4256
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mondinga » 03 April 2017, 03:22

I am having this issue with Windows 10. What specific build versions are compatible? What is the "latest" you are referring to?
mondinga

Postby support » 03 April 2017, 16:57

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=4555

We see two possibilities regarding your problem:
1. there is a problem with our driver files. In that case, we should see dozen of complains coming everyday in this forum.
2. this problem is exclusively with one or with a few users. If 99% of the users have no problem with the driver, this means there is a specific problem in your computer, and we are sorry but we can not fix such problem without having your computer in our hands.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mondinga » 04 April 2017, 01:30

I understand your logic, but it is also very one sided.

I own 4x D512 boxes & multiple computers with both Windows and Mac operating systems. It doesn't really matter how many people are having my issue. What matters is that I am a long time customer having an issue that I have never had before. When I have a problem, I come to this form in search of specific solutions. I did my best to provide the details needed to receive assistance but didn't get detailed response.

The computer I am having a problem with is running Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1607 (OS Build 14393.970). Is the latest ShowXpress driver compatible with this?

I am receiving an error message "Windows cannot verify the digital signature of the for the drivers required for this device". This is found under the driver details for the D512 Interface 64 bits (2015_8_15).

Has this error message been detected by anyone before and were they able to resolve it? If so, what were the troubleshooting steps? Was it a workaround or an actual solution? Is there no solution for this problem?

- Contact Microsoft?
- Contact HP?
- Contact TheLightingController?
- Reinstall Windows?
- Switch to Linux? (JK)

If you don't have any specific solutions, fine. I have already tried with you guys, HP & Microsoft. My last resort will be to perform a fresh Windows installation and I will put Windows 10 Pro 64.

Thank you in advance,
mondinga

Postby mondinga » 04 April 2017, 05:36

I performed a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro and the driver would still not install yet.

Disabling driver signature enforcement in the boot options temporarily fixed the issue. Do you have a better solution?

Thank you,
mondinga

Postby support » 04 April 2017, 09:32

Yes please, for other users (and not only those who have a problem), please let us know about the driver installation under your Windows 10.
Is the signature well recognized, or not ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby BartKrap » 04 April 2017, 13:22

support wrote:Yes please, for other users (and not only those who have a problem), please let us know about the driver installation under your Windows 10.
Is the signature well recognized, or not ?

My desktop pc at home has trouble recognising the sigital signature as well.
My laptops have no problem, as does the desktop at the club.
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby mondinga » 07 April 2017, 03:11

I spent a lot of time working on this. I reached out to HP for assistance and they just pointed me to Microsoft. Microsoft support attempted to assist me, but we were not able to resolve the issue. I created a system restore back up on a USB drive, so I could restore my HP laptop to its original factory state if needed.

Then I went out and bought Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and performed a clean installation. This included deleting all partitions and reformatting the drive. After installing Windows 10, I installed the chipset drivers and only the minimal drivers needed to install only the base hardware, making sure no unrecognized items were listed in device manager.

I ran Windows update and allowed it to install the latest cumulative update, so that Windows would be in the latest build 1607. The Microsoft rep confirmed that this was the latest build, when we spoke earlier. Then I installed the latest version of ShowXpress (8.2.18-170313). Since there was no previous installation of ShowXpress, I selected the option to install the driver. After everything completed, I rebooted and connected the ShowXpress 512 DMX dongle and it still gave me the same error in device manager with the digital signature. Frustrating right?

Then I went on to my 3 year old Dell Inspiron 15 and copied an older driver and tried to install the ShowXpress 512 DMX dongle on the new HP with that driver and it still didn't work. Keep in mind that the driver signature date etc showed to be the same on both laptops (6/5/2009).

After doing all of this, I did more research and found out that I could disable digital signature verification, as mentioned earlier in this thread, rebooted and it worked! That is great right? Not necessarily. That means that I would need to do this every time just to install the driver and use the DMX box. There is an option to disable digital signature verification permanently, which is a workaround and I hate workarounds. Not only that, it exposes me to potential security threats by disabling digital driver signature verification. I will give it a try, just to verify that it works, but there still needs to be a fix from the driver developers (EFK).

Message to Support:

So to recap, I went and spent $140 for a legal licensed copy of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit & performed a complete wipe of my drive on my brand new laptop purchased ~40 days ago. Even after installing Windows and the minimum drivers required to make my system functional, updating to the LATEST build, and installing the latest ShowXpress software, it still did not work. So now what? Can you please give me a technical response and not a theory on how its just my computer and that you can't fix it, because you don't have my computer in your hands?

Thank you,
mondinga

Postby support » 07 April 2017, 18:33

We posted more clearly the question here
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5068&p=20651#p20651
Then, if we have a few answers saying it does not work, we will provide a brand new W10 Anniv, and check that again.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to D512