Intimidator 255 irc lights not working

usb to dmx - 100 dmx channels only for Windows (2011 - 2019)

Intimidator 255 irc lights not working

Postby DJRICHIEB » 24 March 2017, 14:07

I am a mobile DJ currently using ShowXpress version 8.2.18 I have the Xpress 100 USB Interface and I recently purchased 2 Chauvet Intimidator Spot 255 irc lights...

I have used ShowXpress in the past for my Colorrail IRC, Slimar 56 uplights, Motion facade, and Swarm 5FX (all Chauvet)ubnder my default lightshow name. So i decided to start a new lightshow for my Intimidator Spot 255 Irc lights... I created and opened a new light show, I added the fixture and put the first one on channel 001-013 then started the new one on 017-029 just to ensure i was consistent with traditional DMX addressing..

I am going from the USB Xpress 100 to the first Intimidator spot 255 irc then coming out of that and going to the 2nd Intimidator spot 255 irc... However I am still getting no response...

Now as a side note, just to really get me frustrated: when I added the Intimidator spot 255 irc lights to my original (default) light show these lights would work (kinda), if i go from the xpress100 to my colorrail irc then connect to the 1st Intimidator spot 255 irc and then connect to the 2nd Intimidator spot 255 irc it worked fine, but as soon as i power the colorrail irc they would not work....

I have updated all drivers, tried multiple wires, I have zero problem re designing my old scenes, but this seems like a glitch, and I would like to know how to fix... Please advise how to proceed
DJRICHIEB

Re: Intimidator 255 irc lights not working

Postby support » 24 March 2017, 15:03

Please answer to these questions:
1. does the software find the interface ? (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=188)
2. if yes, does the green LED of the interface blink ?
3. if yes, please connect the interface to another dmx fixture, and tell us if it works or not
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby DJRICHIEB » 24 March 2017, 16:37

Thank you for your response: Yes the Software sees the interface, Yes it is blinking, and yes it works with my original lightshow.... Also i know everything works because as i mentioned before I did add these 2 new lights to my original lightshow on the chance i might like to use everything at once, so i know the interface is working...

I appreciate your efforts in resolving this complex matter, as I have been at this for about 2 days now and have not begun creating my lightshows yet, but I know when your software is working it makes everything so much easier so hopefully we can resolve quickly.... TY
DJRICHIEB

Postby DJRICHIEB » 24 March 2017, 16:47

Ok ready for this while I was waiting for your response I decided to connect the xpress100 to my colorrail irc then connect to the 1st Intimidator Spot 255 irc then connect from that into the 2nd Intimidator Spot 255 irc... Once again if the colorrail irc is powered on both lights just start moving on there own & nothing works, but if i dont power the colorrail and just leave the connections I am able to control the lights....

WHY IS THIS SO WEIRD?
DJRICHIEB

Postby BartKrap » 26 March 2017, 15:04

DJRICHIEB wrote:Ok ready for this while I was waiting for your response I decided to connect the xpress100 to my colorrail irc then connect to the 1st Intimidator Spot 255 irc then connect from that into the 2nd Intimidator Spot 255 irc... Once again if the colorrail irc is powered on both lights just start moving on there own & nothing works, but if i dont power the colorrail and just leave the connections I am able to control the lights....

WHY IS THIS SO WEIRD?

I think your colorrail is faulty and sending random signals over your dmx chain on the cannels your movingheads are on.
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby DJRICHIEB » 26 March 2017, 19:34

Bart,

I thought the exact same thing, and I am trying to see if i can master reset the colorrail, to fix that problem... However i don't understand why I should need the colorrail dmx ports to begin with, if i am running a simple chain from computer to Intimidator #1 then going from Intimidator#1 to Intimidator #2 it should work just like that.. I am gonna try and see if there is anything on master resetting the colorrail, but in the meantime I need to setup multiple lightshows, and soi far this has been a very confusing and frustrating problem....
DJRICHIEB

Return to Cable