Sweetlight Crashing

usb to dmx - 100 dmx channels only for Windows (2011 - 2019)

Sweetlight Crashing

Postby jojodadj » 15 April 2010, 23:09

Hi,

I work at a haven holiday park and I have managed to get them to use sweetlight for all there shows, I love this new version and how the time line works now,

I got sweetlight in there, they provided an HP mini, windows 7, Intel atom processor, 1GB ram.

We are running live with a scene, we have nothing complex there, no moving lights only LED fixtures which are running from there built in programs, so sweetlight is just sending a dmx signal, no chases. Sweetlight just decides to not work, it stops sending a signal, however live will still click in the buttons but control board is not responding. Once i close sweetlight I have to take out the USB stick and plug it back in again otherwise control board will not find the stick when re opened. I checked on task manager when running a scene and live is using hardly any memory at all. so I ruled out that the processor and memory cannot handle sweet light. There is nothing that makes sweetlight do this, I have tried running multiple chase scenes and it still does not crash, it just happens at the most inconvenient times.

We have a show on Sunday and I would really like to be able to use sweetlight..

Thankyou for all your support so far, you guys are doing a great job!

Thanks

Joe
jojodadj

Re: Sweetlight Crashing

Postby support » 16 April 2010, 07:19

We see 4 possibilities:
1 - the dmx line prevent the interface to work properly ("ground loop" problem for instance)
2 - the interface is brocken
3 - the software has a bug
4 - the computer has a problem

First thing to do is to connect only one fixture to the interface, with a new (short) dmx cable. Then you will have the answer for problem 1.

Then the easiest way to know if this is problem 2/3 or 4 is to try our software + interface on another computer.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby jojodadj » 16 April 2010, 16:24

Okay,

I will try these things,

I did notice that you found a bug with the atom processor and the "box".

Could this be possible with the USB stick aswell?

Thank you
jojodadj

Postby support » 16 April 2010, 18:07

The problem we had with Box can not exist with Cable, because their technologies are totally different.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Cable