Interface hardware and requests

computer, driver, ...

Interface hardware and requests

Postby muscanto » 01 August 2021, 21:44

How do you handle future hardware? Do you make the hardware or is Chauvet responsible for making hardware?

Have you considered making a control surface so we are not dependent on 3rd party midi devices?

I would love to see a control surface that has 16 buttons, 8 faders and a joystick for programming and adjusting movers.

I've looked for a USB joystick controller but aside from flight simulators, I'm having a tough time finding something. I've never found positioning movers with a mouse very intuitive.

Thanks
muscanto

Re: Interface hardware and requests

Postby support » 02 August 2021, 07:52

New hardware are decided after concertation with all our partners.

We think that midi devices are the best for buttons & faders. No way for us to reach such quality for a so low price.

We found some midi joysticks via Google, but we do not know them. It looks like the request for this is very low. FYI for us, a mouse (with a good mouse pad) is the best to position moving lights.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Interface hardware and requests

Postby muscanto » 11 August 2021, 12:38

Several competitor software makers make a control surface that has DMX output and connects to the computer via USB.

For example, ONYX has the M-Play and M-Touch.
https://www.elationlighting.com/m-play

What I am basically requesting is for an Obey 70 to be made into a USB interface that would have assignable physical buttons to control your software instead of running as a stand alone DMX controller. It could have DMX output as well so a USB dongle would not be needed. That is how the M-play and M-touch both work.

https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/obey-70/

Chauvet already makes the hardware, it's just a matter of replacing the PCB board inside with necessary changes to make it work as a USB interface.

Please consider this as an option with Chauvet. I'm not sure how your relationship with their company works and if you are able to put something like this together.

Thanks
muscanto

Return to General hardware