Help with aligning fixtures

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

Help with aligning fixtures

Postby ntertainment » 08 August 2011, 20:46

I'm having some trouble setting up my 3 d view. Here are my questions

1. I have the kinta X and it is always on. I imagine this has something to do with the way the channels are named?
2. I have the q spots 260 led I imported them from the chauvet lights folder, which way do i orient them to corrispond with real life?
3. The q spots don't seem to use there gobos in 3d view?
4. I have written a few light programs that don't seem to work in 3 d but do work in real life, I use them at my shows?

Thanks for the help
ntertainment

Re: Help with aligning fixtures

Postby Johann911 » 12 August 2011, 10:31

hi. not too sure about the kinta, But for your q spots in 3d view right click and go to fixture settings and choose orientation. then just adjust the axes until you're happy. its more a matter of how you place them in real life than in the programme.

for your gobos; some preprogrammed lights still aren't set up correctly. this may have something to do with the available gobos in the library. my solution is to open the fixture editor and select the light you're dealing with. this will then display the dmx information on the right. select gobos and you will see the panel on the right will display their values.

all you have to do is edit those. it will bring up a screen with the patterns available. I just compare what's in the manual with what's available and choose the closest match. I think there may be a way to add your own gobos, but not sure yet.

when you're done just save the fixture and go back to 3d view and test it in editor or live.
hope this helps
Johann911

Re: Help with aligning fixtures

Postby Sound Storms Ent. » 24 August 2011, 16:28

ntertainment wrote:I'm having some trouble setting up my 3 d view. Here are my questions

1. I have the kinta X and it is always on. I imagine this has something to do with the way the channels are named?
2. I have the q spots 260 led I imported them from the chauvet lights folder, which way do i orient them to corrispond with real life?
3. The q spots don't seem to use there gobos in 3d view?
4. I have written a few light programs that don't seem to work in 3 d but do work in real life, I use them at my shows?

Thanks for the help

1. It is the way you named a channel. Easy fix.
2. Already Been Answered For You.
3. you must import the gobo image if you want it to show in the 3D viewer.
4. If they do not work in the 3D it is 99% of the time channel name related. Showing live in DMX the channel name does not matter. In 3D it does because the channel name tells the 3D what you are actually doing with that channel.
Storm
Sound Storms Entertainment
www.SoundStormsDJ.com
Sound Storms Ent.

Return to 3DView