I suddenly do not see my gobos [fixed]

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

I suddenly do not see my gobos [fixed]

Postby dkumpula » 01 June 2011, 23:46

It appears that the custom gobos aren't working - at least not on my machine. Brightness changes occur when flipping through some values, but the gobos don't show in 3DView. I tried with 6.26, 6.27 and the latest Zip file and the symptoms are all the same. They were working perfectly on my end previously.

I checked and the files are still there and the devices have the correct files selected. My 128x128 PNG files are still located in c:\program files\showxpress\3Dview\gobos\OK_for_3Dview and the 32x32 PNG files are located in c:\program files\showxpress\icons\gobo\ok_for_3DView.

The symptoms are the same for all different kinds of moving heads that can display gobos (I have 5 types including 3 personality files that haven't changed in a long time). Are gobos working in 3DView for you?

Follow-Up on 4 June 2011: As a follow-up to my earlier post - the problem I described above may have something to do with the relative brightness of the beam in 3DView or the angle you are looking at the resulting light beams in 3DView when the fixture is displaying a gobo. As I rotate around the stage in 3DView, I can sometimes see some of the beam - but it is very dim from most angles. I am seeing similar view angle issues with some other non-gobo devices as well.
dkumpula

Re: 3D View Gobos OK_for_3D Stopped Working

Postby dkumpula » 21 June 2011, 14:27

Support - Any word on this problem? Can it be reproduced on your end?
dkumpula

Postby support » 22 June 2011, 08:19

You can send us your 128*128 and 32*32 png files.
We will check them with the software.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby dkumpula » 22 June 2011, 21:59

Here you go! Thanks for looking.
dkumpula

Postby support » 23 June 2011, 08:04

It seems to work well here. Here are your gobos:
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby dkumpula » 25 June 2011, 23:14

Hmmm.

I did a complete uninstall including removing the residual folders and then reinstalled and recovered my lightshow and I still can't get any gobos to show in 3D (including my custom gobos or other existing OK for 3D View). It really appears to be a problem with my lightshow as I can switch to Demo and see default OK_for_3D gobos OK - whereas the exact same devices imported into my show react with the same problems as the existing devices. With my current light show, even some non-gobo devices don't appear lit as bright as they should in 3D in my show making me think it is a non-gobo problem. I even compared my 3DView.ini file against the one in the demo show and didn't see anything that looked wrong. I have an Live error file but the last entry is from a month ago:
Le 12/05/11 - 17:11
Fonction : Unknown received message (CB) : MAX_SCENES|20
I also have an editor_err file with a similar entry on the same date:
Le 12/05/11 - 17:11
Fonction : Unknown received message : MAX_FIXTURES|10
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you mind importing my show and see if you get the same result? If so, please tell me where to e-mail my show as I can't attach a file in a private message to support. Thank you!
dkumpula

Postby support » 27 June 2011, 15:19

These errors messages have no concern with your problem.
You can send us your lightshow (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=168).
In you have an interface Cable, just remember this: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 28 June 2011, 15:08

We are able to see the custom gobos.
Just note that they are not visible over the "panel" fixture on the floor. The reason of this is all fixtures do not stop the light beam (we are presently not able to change that).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby dkumpula » 30 June 2011, 18:10

I truly appreciate your looking at this for me. Unfortunately, I am not getting them to display properly. In a new show, the exact same devices perform differently.

First, my normal show with each device set to a different Gobo shows varied levels of light (about what I would expect total output of brightness to be if the gobo was actually showing):
[deleted]

And a new show with the same custom device imported - which is working just fine:
[deleted]

I'm not sure where to go from here. Since you are able to my show to work on your PCs, it is probably a specific problem with my computer, not a ShowXpress problem. Any suggestions you might have (e.g. java version issues) would certainly be appreciated.

I will continue to test by importing parts of my show into a new one and by checking to see if I can reproduce this problem on any other PCs.

Thanks again!
dkumpula

Postby support » 01 July 2011, 08:36

FYI, we can get the same result, if we uncheck the option 3DView > 3D settings > Beam rendering > Gobos.
But, in your lightshow, this parameter was correctly checked.
So we still do not understand your problem.

Another remark.
Some of these gobos are not included in our software (home made gobos), so for each new software installation, you have to copy/paste them manually.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to 3DView