Reverse Dimmer Not Working in Shutter channel [fixed]

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

Reverse Dimmer Not Working in Shutter channel [fixed]

Postby dkumpula » 17 May 2011, 22:39

I don't know if this is a problem in Setup or 3DView, but in version 6.27 (possibly in 6.26 as well) the reverse dimmer quit functioning. Here is the setup for the device:
removed

But in 3DView, a value of 8 (Full On for the dimmer) it acts as if it is full off. Value 134 shows as full on in 3DView. I checked the configuration file for the device itself and it was correctly identified as having a reverse dimmer (and before you ask, No, I have not been changing the configuration file manually ;) ):

ViewType = VIEW_TYPE_HEAD
ViewPower = VIEW_POWER_LED30W
ViewAnglePan = 540
ViewAngleTilt = 260
ViewAngleBeam = 13
ViewReversePan = FALSE
ViewReverseTilt = FALSE
ViewReverseDimmer = TRUE
ViewReverseIris = FALSE
ViewColor = 0

I tried switching the reverse dimmer on and off in Setup (saving and checking in 3DView each time), but it did not change anything. Other than this problem, the device channel (Closed, Open and Strobe) are displaying properly in 3DView.

Will you please take a look at this issue?

Thank you!
dkumpula

Re: Reverse Dimmer Not Working

Postby support » 23 May 2011, 16:20

Fixed here: http://download.thelightingcontroller.c ... indows.zip
(your picture has been removed for database size reasons)
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Reverse Dimmer Not Working in Shutter channel [fixed]

Postby dkumpula » 26 May 2011, 16:40

Hi Folks,

Unfortunately, this fixed the reverse dimmer issue, but broke at least two other things. First, any devices with a reverse dimmer now will only show in 3D as white light. In addition, in 3D the light shows as on when the shutter is opened - even though Red, Green and Blue are set to 0. (Try with MinSpot or MinWash to see what I mean.)

In addition, I have ColorStrips in my second Universe that are now always stuck on in 3D View (again always white). They don't have a reverse dimmer though - they are set up as 0-1=Closed, 2-254=Dimmer, and 255=Open - which is the same as my MinSpots/MinWashes are set up except the dimmer isn't reversed on the ColorStrips.

Please let me know if you need my Light Show in order to reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

-David
dkumpula

Postby support » 27 May 2011, 18:28

This new problem is due to a recent change to fix a bug with cyan/magenta/yellow colors.
It is indeed not easy to manage all cases (Red, Greeen, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, color wheel).
We just updated the ZIP file with a new fix.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby dkumpula » 27 May 2011, 21:22

Hi guys,

The updated zip still isn't working for the two new problems I mentioned. In 3D, all of my moving heads are stuck on white whether the shutter is open in strobe, dimmer or open - unless you use the color wheel - which is working. My color strips are still always on full white - I can't control them at all in 3D, although changing other channels on other unrelated devices with a shutter sometimes changes the intensity of the white for the strips - really strange.

I attached a zip file with my specs for the ColorStrip and MinSpot to make sure you can reproduce the problem. If you need my whole lightshow file, please just let me know.

Happy hunting!
dkumpula

Postby support » 29 May 2011, 22:13

We just checked the personality files. We have updated again the ZIP file. Moreover, to get them working, you have to:
- for Min Spot, change the level name "color > blackout" by "color > closed"
- for color Strip, change the channel name "color" by "color_macro" (will work exclusively in RGB mode)
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby dkumpula » 01 June 2011, 22:07

Great! Thank you for the updated file and instructions. After making the device personality changes as you instructed, 3D views are working correctly again.

Also just for your information, since the Chauvet ColorStrips don't actually turn on when the "color_macro" channel is >9 (even if RGB values are >0), I changed the first channel name to "shutter" and the values 0-9 set as "closed". In 3D this now behaves like it did before (off regardless of RGB values unless Shutter>9).

Thanks again for your help!

-David
dkumpula

Postby support » 02 June 2011, 13:14

Thank you for the notice.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to 3DView