Chauvet Intimidator in 3D view?

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

Chauvet Intimidator in 3D view?

Postby punkkipper » 16 May 2011, 10:10

Hello,

I'm a little confused when it comes to the visualizer. I understand that the visualizer can only really display a basic RGB and can't display the different programs that are built in many lights. I was wondering what the visualizer can show for a scanner like the Intimidator. Does it show all of the movement? Does it show the picture projected? Does it display colors correctly? Anything else I should know?

thanks!

pk
punkkipper

Re: Chauvet Intimidator in 3D view?

Postby Allan » 16 May 2011, 15:08

Punkkipper,

The visualizer cannot show the built-in auto programs or sound-activated programs because those are a function of the fixture - not the software. The software has no idea what the auto programs or sound programs look like so they will not display anything.

The visualizer will show the correct color, gobo (with rotation) , and dimmer. It will also show the strobing and movement.

It will not show the prism or focus.
Allan Reiss
Senior Product Manager
CHAUVET DJ
Allan

Re: Chauvet Intimidator in 3D view?

Postby Pink LD » 17 May 2011, 04:23

Punkkipper,
I have a number of Intimidators and yes,Allan is correct. I use the 3D imager to get my colours and movements. Strobe speeds, GOBO shake or even GOBOs themselves are not spot on. But I write scenes with notes and when I have the rig up and running I prove the scenes against my notes and correct as necessary. Alternatively I have one at home and use it to observe in real time what its doing.
Suffice it to say that when you are familiar with your fixtures and the software, I can produce offline 90% or more of what I want and then tweak accordingly when I am onsite.
The 3D imager is a good guide to keep you in the ballpark.
Pink LD

Return to 3DView