Fixtures lose their position in 3d view

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

Fixtures lose their position in 3d view

Postby costas » 08 October 2019, 07:26

Hi support,

I' m facing a problem with the positions of the fixtures in 3d. I add 117 fixtures (RGBW) and i set in 3d view ''color object'' and shape ''panel''. I adjust the positions of the fixtures manually where ever i need and every time i' m closing and reopening the 3d the position of the fixtures is messed up. It can be every where inside or outside of the stage. I tried to work with different graphics cards from different brands, but I had the same result. Another problem is that after a while the 3d crashes unexpectedly. Another issue is that we need to have the option to view the actual DMX address under the fader in the editor, as we used to before the V8.
costas

Re: Fixtures lose their position in 3d view

Postby support » 08 October 2019, 09:20

When you make such long process, please make backups of your lightshow, and store all these backups under different names ("NameOfYourLightshow_V1" for instance). Then it is possible to recover all lost position infos with an old INI file from a backup.

Please post a link to download a backup of your lightshow, and post also a link to a video showing how to reproduce the problem.
FYI: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... ?f=3&t=203

Regarding, the question for Editor, please post in the section "Editor - Steps".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby costas » 09 October 2019, 13:20

It seems that when i try to change the positions at more than 15 fixtures starts to have problem to save it. The video shows a small impact, but if i continue the changes then the numbers goes back to previous set and some times the 3d View crashes. I find a solution with the INI file by giving the values directly to the fixtures and then pasting the file again. But the quickest solution is to close and reopen 3dView every 15 fixtures.

Thanks for your time.

https://we.tl/t-nST16yy9xV
costas

Postby support » 14 October 2019, 16:47

Please do not click over "Apply".
This button is only to valid a change of shape.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to 3DView