*Feature Request* - Real Time Pan/Tilt Speed of Fixtures

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

*Feature Request* - Real Time Pan/Tilt Speed of Fixtures

Postby ryvanz » 12 February 2017, 04:06

Currently in 3dView, when your moving head fixtures are in a position and you press a button that has different X/Y coordinates, the virtual fixture snaps immediately to the new position.

In reality, the fixture takes a little bit of time to swing around to the new position.

My request is that the 3dView offers a realistic representation of the time it takes for moving fixtures to move. It would be great if the user had the option of customizing the speed of each fixture model, too.
ryvanz

Re: *Feature Request* - Real Time Pan/Tilt Speed of Fixtures

Postby JohnRichards » 12 February 2017, 08:45

You can do this in editor by making step1 the time it takes. Make sure it is smooth and not snap transition. This might be your problem.
John
JohnRichards

Postby ryvanz » 15 February 2017, 23:12

JohnRichards wrote:You can do this in editor by making step1 the time it takes. Make sure it is smooth and not snap transition. This might be your problem.
John

But I'm not creating a scene with multiple "steps". I'm just creating position scenes that are completely independent of one another (each scene has a single position for any given fixture), and triggering each of them with buttons.
ryvanz

Postby JohnRichards » 16 February 2017, 10:13

I am just answering your query. If your step transition is in "snap mode" the software will snap in 3D. There are numerous moving heads on the market and as I suggested it would be best to have your step (even if 1) set to the time that it takes.
I also think that most of us users will have a scene that moves the head to position and another just for the beam. I always get my heads into position way before and then activate the beam and or additional moves thereafter.
John
JohnRichards

Return to 3DView