Colors are not displayed [fixed]

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

Colors are not displayed [fixed]

Postby luiz » 19 May 2016, 03:59

Hello I am new to the Showxpress software. I have 6 generic beam 230 lights. And I created my own profile for this fixture. I set values for every color and gobo. Everything works fine. The only thing that I am having problems with is seeing the colors change in 3D view. When I change the colors of the light, I can not see that color change on the 3D viewer, the light just stays white, but never changes color. It works fine and changes color on the actual real fixture when I hook it up, but I would like to preview a show and see the colors change in the 3D viewer. The actual DMX output works fine and corresponds to the changes I make, it is just the 3D viewer that I am having trouble, because it will not show the change in colors. I would like to know if this can be fixed. Thank You!
luiz

Re: 3D view will not change light colors

Postby support » 19 May 2016, 07:59

Please post (or email) your personality file ; we will check it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mwilkins » 19 May 2016, 18:50

I am having the some of same issue with multiple versions of showxpress using a provided fixture profile. Went from version 7.1.8 to version 8.1. Using the profile for the Chauvet Pro Rogue R1 spot in both basic and advanced profiles. Several options for gobo's, strobes and colors alike. If the demo show is loaded, all of the loaded scenes work properly within 3D. Scratching my head on this one.
mwilkins

Postby luiz » 19 May 2016, 18:56

[*]It wont let me upload the file on this post. ::: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

But I have sent an e-mail with the files.
jluiz09@yahoo.com to support@thelightingcontroller.com
luiz

Postby support » 20 May 2016, 09:48

We checked you personality file.
There must be only one channel called "color".
You have to rename the second color channel by "color2".

So far, the forum allows attachements files after a few posts.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Colors are not displayed [fixed]

Postby mwilkins » 20 May 2016, 18:40

I was able to figure out the color display issue with the Rogue R1 Spot profile.

Within the color channel, if you look at the levels window, you will see that all of the colors are capitalized. As the example, this is taken from the txt file of the Rogue R1 Spot profile.

Channel = color
Open,0,6 Red,7,13 Orange,14,20 Green,21,27 Yellow,28,34 Blue,35,41

Here is how to fix it.

You cannot edit the txt file version to make the correction as it does not work. I tried. You must make the correction from within the levels window. Simply edit the color you wish to correct. Go to the fixture editor, select the color channel in the channels window, In the levels window, select the color you wish to correct. Edit that color. Select the color from the options and close the window back out.

If you pay attention after you make the color selection, you will notice that the first letter of the color is no longer capitalized as with the example provided above. This appears to be the problem within the program as the above process has worked on all of the Chauvet profiles that I was having issues with within 3D view. Now colors are properly displayed from those fixtures within 3D view.

Gobo's do not work nor does prism or rotation, however again, if you follow the above steps for gobo's, I can get #1, #2, #3 and so on to display in 3D view as a gobo but not the actual gobo design.

I know this is a daunting task for developers but I have to agree with others on the forum. A lot of the profiles do not work properly and does make it very difficult to build your shows not knowing how a scene may look. All be it figuring these issues out on your own will give one a better understanding of how the software works.
mwilkins

Re: Colors are not displayed [fixed]

Postby luiz » 21 May 2016, 03:09

Problem is fixed now, I did as you said and changed the title of one channel to: color2 , and the other channel stayed with the name: color . And that solved everything. Everything is working fine now.

This my first time ever using a lighting software, so I might have other questions in the future, but so far I am very pleased with the program and the support.
Thank You all very much for your help. This is an awesome forum with excellent support and service.
luiz

Return to 3DView