Variable Fixture Alignment? [fixed]

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

Variable Fixture Alignment? [fixed]

Postby HUFSTUF » 16 February 2012, 20:47

It seems that the fixtures 'snap to' an invisible grid or another fixtures line when in close proximity. I'm trying to create a COLORstrip workaround and need eight color changers side by side in close proximity. Is there a 'snap to' option that I haven't found or is it just the way the software works?
And a question outside the subject: on a fixture such as the COLORstrip that has 23 presets built in, would those presets be concidered 'scenes'? And if so is there a way do download those 'scenes' and upload them into the ShowXpress scene folder?
Last edited by HUFSTUF on 17 February 2012, 00:48, edited 2 times in total.
HUFSTUF

Re: Variable Fixture Alignment?

Postby HUFSTUF » 17 February 2012, 00:47

Found it :lol: . In case someone else has the same problem:
When in 3D view / 'stage', 'object' or 'fixture' settings / right-click in the room and an 'Auto Align' menu pops up.
Mine was checked 'On'. Turned it off and now I can place 'em anywhere :P
HUFSTUF

Re: Variable Fixture Alignment? [fixed]

Postby support » 17 February 2012, 09:25

Normally, the "Auto align" option is unchecked by default.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby HUFSTUF » 17 February 2012, 15:24

I'm running v6.30beta2. I may have inadvertently turned it on while first exploring the program :roll: . Also just now while looking for the 'About' section in the software I found it partially hidden in the popup menu.
Didn't know if this had been reported or not.
I'm a nubee at lighting and I'm lovin' this software! I've already bought a bunch of lights and have been programing scenes around those. Ordered the interface Monday and it should be here today, can't wait! Many thanx to you guys, keep up the great work!
HUFSTUF

Postby support » 17 February 2012, 23:34

Thank you.
Regarding the missing line in popup menu, it looks like, for an unknown reason, a file is corrupted.
A software re-install should fix the problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to 3DView