3D view won't display gobos and prisms

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

3D view won't display gobos and prisms

Postby LiteTrix » 12 November 2011, 03:11

Hey guys, I have the newest version of show xpress and for some reason the gobos and prims won't display. I have tried everything form changing the beaming rendering to installing on three other computers and I am still running into the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
LiteTrix

Re: 3D view won't display gobos and prisms

Postby LiteTrix » 12 November 2011, 05:20

Just in case Anyone's wondering I'm using Elation design spot 250's and Martin mx-10's. I have done some research and looking around and it appears that the design spot doesn't have the right gobos or something like that. My question is why aren't they included with the software. I find it frustrating that I paid 400 bucks on a software and I have to go hunt down the fixture profiles.

is there anyway someone could send me a link to a download of the previous versions ? I know that the older versions had the profiles for the mx-10 and design spot.

Thank you in advance. :)
LiteTrix

Postby tomrbland » 12 November 2011, 13:53

The software is primarily a lighting controller, not a 3D visualiser. Consequently, things like prisms aren't viewable in 3D view, gobos are only viewable if you make specific files for them (you can find out how to do this if you browse the forum a bit).

To answer your question, the gobos aren't included in the software because it doesn't make financial sense to spend lots of time making gobo files for 3D view and yet give the software away for free!
tomrbland

Postby LiteTrix » 12 November 2011, 14:31

Okay understandable thanks for the quick reply. While searching around the forums I did find something about how to make files for the gobos but they Weren't really clear.

I guess what I would like to do is just be able to put some gobos in for the mx-10s and design spots. They wouldn't have to be the stock gobos of of lights just gobos that can allow me to mess around and make some shows.

Another option that I would prefer would be to user a older version of te software like 4 or 5. Those versions I know for a fact have the profiles and gobos for the design spots and mx-10s.

The reason why this is important is I have quite a few lights and it's a pain in the neck to set everything up and strike the lamps. I'd hate to waste 5 hours of lamp life just to program the lights.

So in conclusion if you could point me in the direction of where the older versions of software are that would be great. :)
LiteTrix

Postby tomrbland » 12 November 2011, 15:03

I'm afraid they don't exist. There is an explanation of what you need for custom gobo files here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=498

If you just want any random gobo to play with then edit the fixture in setup and make it use the gobos in the folder "ok for 3D view".
tomrbland

Return to 3DView