3d view crashes when activating scenes [fixed]

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

3d view crashes when activating scenes [fixed]

Postby djmf » 03 August 2021, 03:05

Hello-

I recently removed quite a few fixtures from my showfile, and added a few new ones. I can open Showxpress and use the live tab and am able to fully control my fixtures with no issues. I am able to open the 3d viewer with no issues, and when I open the "fixtures" settings, the fixtures I had previously removed from the "fixtures" tab are still present. If I attempt to activate any scenes in the Live tab, 3d view will crash immediately with no error message. Showxpress does not crash when this happens, only the 3d viewer.

I attempted to open the fixtures.ini file and remove any references to fixtures no longer contained in the showfile. This unfortunately does not seem to have fixed the problem, but I may have made errors in this process, as well (I made a backup of the fixtures.ini)

Is there any assistance available for this issue?

I am using Windows 10 ver 20h2 build 19042.928

and ShowXpress version 9.2.23 - 201127
djmf

Re: 3d view crashes when activating scenes

Postby support » 03 August 2021, 09:18

If we right understand, you manually removed some fixtures files (.txt file) from the lightshow folder, and the lightshow still contains fixtures (with programmed scenes) which are attached to these fixtures files !
Could you please confirm that ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby djmf » 03 August 2021, 19:27

Ah no, sorry.

I removed the fixtures via the editor>fixtures tab, but they still appear in 3d view. I think I figured it out though- the computer I used to remove the fixtures was not set to have 6 universes available in the preferences for showxpress- so I couldn't select the additional fixtures or see them in editor>fixtures. Once I changed it to 6 universes, I was able to remove them. 3d viewer no longer crashes. Still not sure what was causing those crashes to begin with, though. My edit of the ini file came only after the crashes began.
djmf

Postby support » 03 August 2021, 21:41

Well noted.
Happy to see it works well now.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to 3DView