Chauvet 4 Play, Gig Bar, and Slimbeam in 3D View

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

Chauvet 4 Play, Gig Bar, and Slimbeam in 3D View

Postby ejcropp » 11 September 2018, 22:07

Is there a reason, or is there a step I should included to get the Chauvet 4 Play, Gig Bar, and Slimbeam Quad IRC to show in 3D view? I've searched the forum for and answer but I was unsuccessful. Thanks for your assistance.
ejcropp
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 September 2018, 08:13

Re: Chauvet 4 Play, Gig Bar, and Slimbeam in 3D View

Postby support » 12 September 2018, 07:29

Please post the personality files (.txt).
We will check them.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur
 
Posts: 7647
Joined: 07 December 2009, 16:32

Re: Chauvet 4 Play, Gig Bar, and Slimbeam in 3D View

Postby ejcropp » 12 September 2018, 11:26

These fixtures were already listed in the software under add fixtures. Where do I find the personality files? Thanks.
ejcropp
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 September 2018, 08:13

Re: Chauvet 4 Play, Gig Bar, and Slimbeam in 3D View

Postby support » 18 September 2018, 08:33

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur
 
Posts: 7647
Joined: 07 December 2009, 16:32

Re: Chauvet 4 Play, Gig Bar, and Slimbeam in 3D View

Postby ejcropp » 20 September 2018, 14:01

This is becoming very frustrating, the last response stated to export but it didn't say where too. The bottom line is I would like to build a light show with these Chauvet fixtures without having to transport my lights back and forth from the venue. Please let me know if there's a way for this to happen or not, so that I can stop racking my brain around this. Thanks.
ejcropp
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 September 2018, 08:13

Re: Chauvet 4 Play, Gig Bar, and Slimbeam in 3D View

Postby TimH » 21 September 2018, 05:15

Hey mate,

I can answer your questions. Let's go fixture by fixture

Chauvet 4PLAY:
This is one of those weird multi-element fixtures (let's call them par bars) that has multiple lights in one. Taking a look at the fixture profile (what support refers to as the "personality file"), the individual lights aren't even controlled like normal LED Pars, they have some weird single channel control. Long story short, the software is not capable of actually displaying weird cheap DJ fixtures like this in 3D View. If you take a look at the categories in 3D View, you can see it is capable of displaying the following:
Moving head spot
Moving Head wash
Mirror Scanner
Parcan (LED Par or other RGB/CMY wash fixture)
Parcan old not RGB (any conventional tungsten lamp fixture ie. Fresnels, profiles, etc.)
Stroboscopic old (Xenon-based strobe lights, or even modern LED ones like the Martin Atomic)
Coloured Object no beam (mirror balls, etc.)

90% of all professional lighting fixtures fall under one of the above categories. The other 10% is a miscellaneous assortment of weird DJ effect lights (moonflowers, Gobo Projectors, astroraggis, par bars, etc.) and since there is such a huge variety of different types it would be unreasonably difficult for the programmers to program every single one of these into 3D View.
You would think that the 4PLAY would be supported, as it is on the surface just 4 LED Pars, however as I said above, if you take a look at it's fixture profile, it controls so weirdly that the regular ways for the light to appear in 3D view (ie. the dimmer, Red, Green, Blue channels etc.) aren't even there, so there's no way to support it I'm afraid.

Gig Bar:
I see a bunch of different ones called "Gig Bar" on there. Taking a look online they also seem to be par bars, but with added weird lasers and stuff in there. If you want to, you can make this fixture appear as just a regular LED par by Right clicking the fixture, clicking "Edit Fixture", going to the "View" tab, and under the drop down box "3D View" where it says "not in 3D View", change it to "parcan". Otherwise it is much the same story as above.

Slimbeam:
There were mistakes in the fixture profile of these fixtures. I have corrected them and attached the corrected profiles to this post. Seems to work fine for me now.
FYI Support wanted to check for mistakes like this, and wanted you to export the fixture profile to send it to them for this reason.

In future, to export a fixture:

Right click the fixture
Click "Export"
Save it where you want to save it
Then make a post on the forum and attach the .txt file that was exported.

Also another FYI Support has said that the new engine in 3D View included as part of version 9 may have the ability to display other kinds of effect lights down the track. So stay tuned for future updates and you may start to slowly see support for unusual fixture types roll out.
Attachments
Chauvet SlimBeam Quad IRC (16ch).txt
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Chauvet SlimBeam Quad IRC (9ch).txt
(1.61 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
TimH
 
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 April 2017, 02:28


Return to 3DView

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests