3D view not working

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

3D view not working

Postby clemo1985 » 15 August 2018, 09:33

Hi I'm a total noob.

Managed to create some basic steps.

When I open up in live view (I want lights to go to the backing track I've added to the media time line, I can't see what the lights are doing in 3D view?

In standalone mode the lights do what I asked in 3D view, as soon as I put it into live view, they do nothing.

I've highlighted the 3D view box in the top right, so why can't I watch my light show in 3D?

Any help would be appreciated thanks
clemo1985

Re: 3D view not working on timeline

Postby clemo1985 » 15 August 2018, 09:52

All I want to do is play a backing track alongside a live band and have some programmed lights to run along side each song...

this seems like a tall order!
clemo1985

Postby clemo1985 » 15 August 2018, 09:57

And now I've done nothing different except close the program, open up the 3D view again and now it works...

Is this software a bit buggy?
clemo1985

Postby clemo1985 » 15 August 2018, 10:58

And then some things don't exist in 3d view, like KAM partybar
Why is this?
clemo1985

Postby SeekLighting » 15 August 2018, 23:27

Hi mate,

Your first question is a little hard to understand. From what it seems, you are having trouble viewing your show in 3D View from Timeline? or from Live buttons page? I'm not sure which you are referring to.

Please Ensure the 3D View box is green only on the tab you wish to view. That means it should be red on all the parts of the software that you're not using to avoid any clashes.

As for your final question, there are plenty of fixtures that will not appear in 3D view, yes. The 3D view is designed to show only the most common types of lights:

Conventional lights (ie. tungsten bulb fixtures that run on dimmers)
LED PARs
Moving head wash
Moving head spot
Moving head beam
Strobes

Other weird cheap DJ effect lights like partybars, lasers, moonflower effects, astro raggis, weird coloured sphere things etc. do not work in 3D View as it would be a very difficult task for the programmers to go through and create models and light outputs for all the weird and wacky effect lights out there (there are thousands of different types).

You will be hard pressed to find a visualiser out there that supports these lights out of the box. I know for a fact Chamsys visualiser does not natively support these.

Regards,

Tim H
SeekLighting

Postby marco » 16 August 2018, 16:26

What interface do you use?
If its cable the its normal with plugged in interface , see the section about restrictions about the cable interface

Other problem can be that u have a scene aktive in editor this overides live (if u put the timeline under a button)
marco

Return to 3DView