Generator Not Working Properly

create lighting scenes

Generator Not Working Properly

Postby AnthonySev » 23 August 2011, 15:55

I just purchased show express with the X-Press 512 Plus unit. I have installed the 6.27Beta version. I have two elation platinum spot 5r lights. I am only trying to work these two lights for now. I have used the profile provided in the program and compared it to my user manual, and it looks exactly the same. When I bring my lights up in editor they seem to work perfectly on the control board on the bottom. I am trying to use the generator to created light shows quicker and easier.

The problem that I am having is that when I use generator, it seems as though the lights profile is not being recongnized. The channel / buttons to check on/off on the left hand side of the generator do not correspond to the control board in the editor. For example, with colors, I am only able to have a rainbow color change effect, 4 of the buttons seem to do nothing and I can change my gobos although they have to be rotating very quickly if I do.

Am I missing a step to have the generator recongnize my lights profile?
Is there a way to have the generator work better with my lights?
Does the generator only have a standard set of dmx control for all lights and I cannot change the values?

Thank you for your help. I know this is last minute, but I have a party TOMORROW the 24th of August!!!
AnthonySev

Return to Editor