Pan / tilt speed of fixtures differ

create lighting scenes

Pan / tilt speed of fixtures differ

Postby zChris » 12 May 2011, 16:34

Hello,

I am running into an issue where the pan or tilt speed of one fixture is different from the other when multiple fixtures are selected.

Specifically, I am running two moving heads of the same make and model. I was able to successfully import the fixture in the setup screen and addressed both fixtures properly (currently on DMX 12 and 23). Using the Editor, when I select either fixture and pan or tilt it around, the speed of the panning and tilting is fine (a relatively fast speed). However, when I select both features as a group and try to control both, the speed of the pan and tilt for the fixtures are different. One of them moves very very slow compared to the other.

A couple of observations that may help:
1. This happens always to the fixture with the lower numbered DMX channel (in my case, DMX 12).
2. The lights were originally set for DMX 1 and 9, but I ran into the same issue with the fixture in DMX 1. I Switched to DMX 12 and 23, and the fixtures programmed for DMX 12 moves slow.
3. I swapped the DMX address of the 2 fixtures, ie, I reprogrammed the fixture originally in DMX 23 to DMX 12 and the fixtures originally programmed as DMX 12 was changed to DMX 23. In all cases, the fixture with the lower DMX channel setting moved slower.
4. Slow panning seems to happen only the clockwise direction. Slow tilting also seems to happen in one direction only as well.
5. Pan / tilt reverse is off both on ShowXpress and the fixtures.
6. I programmed the fixtures using a hardware DMX Controller, and there does not seem to be any setting to control the speed of pan and tilt for the fixtures.
7. I have no other lights connected to this setup.

Hope you can point me in the right direction for a fix.

Thanks,

Chris
zChris

Return to Editor