Re Arrange Fixture Channels??

create lighting scenes

Re Arrange Fixture Channels??

Postby discobuzzmdj » 12 April 2013, 17:41

Hi,

I currently am using channels 1 to about 300 in my shows as I have many fixtures. Recently I have retired many of my fixtures, and now I have large gaps of unused channels within the 1 to 300 range. (ie. channels ~ 25 - 80 are no longer in use).

I am wondering if there is anyway to reassign the address of fixtures to a lower value to fill in the gaps without having to reprogram every scene that the fixture is active in?? Since when the steps are saved, the actual address for each slider is saved, NOT the fixture and what slider eg, fixture 3, 4th channel unlike I have seen in some other software. This would be a great feature!

I have a small desk DMX controller I use for smaller events, however it only supports up to 98 channels. I would like to re address all the fixtures I would use at the smaller event to addresses under 98, and fixtures that I use the full PC setup with to addresses over 98. Is there any possible way to do this without messing up the programming?? I would really hate to sit and reprogram everything again it would take hours.

Is there any way you can 'patch' the address to a new address?

Or if there is no better way could I write a program to search for each address, and change it to the new address within each scene/step file?? If you have any other suggestions that would be helpful.

See below I have large gaps in the channels used, I wish to bring the addresses of higher value fixtures down to fill in the gaps and/or rearrange the addresses of fixtures.

Last edited by discobuzzmdj on 12 April 2013, 18:24, edited 3 times in total.
discobuzzmdj

Re: Re Arrange Fixture Channels??

Postby support » 12 April 2013, 18:10

Right click in ControlBoard > menu "dmx path" > tab "dmx outputs".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby discobuzzmdj » 12 April 2013, 18:16

support wrote:Right click in ControlBoard > menu "dmx path" > tab "dmx outputs".

I have just found this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1417

So I have patched all the addresses of one fixture:

And re addressed the fixture in the Setup, so in editor:

The above solution works in editor but not live (shows at old dmx addresses) for some reason? Should the flow of data go LIVE -> PATCH -> OUTPUT?
So I will still need to reprogram or edit all steps that involve fixtures that are changing address?

If I patch them, that is only on the software side correct? The actual address of the fixture will remain the same, where as I need all my physical fixtures to be at addresses under 98 to use with my smaller controller.

Still unresolved, need a way to reassign all addresses within show files? So then once the address has been changed in Setup, the shows will work without patching.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
discobuzzmdj

Postby support » 12 April 2013, 19:59

The above solution works in editor but not live (shows at old dmx addresses) for some reason?

We will check that as soon as possible.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 15 April 2013, 10:51

The above solution works in editor but not live (shows at old dmx addresses) for some reason?

Sorry, but we are not able to reproduce this problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Editor