[V6.33] Bug involving layered steps [fixed]

create lighting scenes

Re: Bug Report(?) Involving layered steps

Postby rmav1s » 04 April 2013, 17:49

I make the scene by starting the first step with all channels disabled. I then enable the channels I want to use in the first step, and set their values. I then add a new step, which copies the first step into the new step. I then enable the channels I'm adding into the new step, and set their values. I do the same with the third step, which completes the scene.

Conceptually, I figured that individual steps within a single scene should behave similarly to how multiple scenes interact... And again, this all works in 6.32, which sort of led me to the conclusion.

Now, I'm hoping that this type of functionality stays, as it's sort of what the majority of my chase scenes are designed around... lol!

Thanks, as always, and let me know if there's anything further I can do to assist.
rmav1s

Postby support » 04 April 2013, 17:57

Thank you for the explaination.
We are now able to reproduce a similar scene.

We will come back to you soon.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 08 April 2013, 12:44

Fixed.
Please copy files from here http://download.thelightingcontroller.c ... fix_files/ (both Editor and Live) to correct folders.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: [V6.33] Bug involving layered steps [fixed]

Postby rmav1s » 08 April 2013, 13:58

So what I'm getting from this fix, is that any channel used in a scene MUST be made active on the FIRST step of the scene? Unfortunately, I've created a ton of chase scenes that utilize layering of steps such that the scene properly layers the chase over the previous scene. This fix now makes the scenes all black out all lights on the stage that aren't used in the first step of the scene.

Is there any way to make it so that enabling a channel for the first time in a later step -doesn't- enable that channel in all the previous step? Please?
rmav1s

Postby support » 08 April 2013, 14:36

This is not possible.

In a scene, each channel is either always not active, or always active.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby rmav1s » 08 April 2013, 15:32

With the fix now, each scene starts by blacking out all lights used in the scene but not used in just the first step; For a scene with 10-20 steps that doesn't start with all associated lamps lit, this becomes quite a limiting factor.

Programmatically, is there a reason to require that all used channels be active at the start of a scene? I would really appreciate it if there is anything that could be done to allow channels to become active later in the scene, as they did before.
rmav1s

Postby support » 08 April 2013, 15:52

There are several reasons which makes not possible to set the active state for each channel, independently in each step.
Sorry that you started using the software with this bug.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby rmav1s » 09 April 2013, 13:59

Fair enough; Thanks for looking into this for me!
rmav1s

Previous

Return to Editor