Preset buttons RGB & Intensity

create lighting scenes

Preset buttons RGB & Intensity

Postby rbekel » 22 March 2012, 14:58

Is it possible to set up preset buttons for Red, Green, Blue and Intensity? It appears in order for that to work one needs to set up a number of scenes in order to get the slider to work. The problem with that is how do you set the time for each scene so that it doesn't change on you unless you want it to? I want to be able to mix a group of lights colors quickly in live without going to the editor and manipulating them there. Any Ideas?

I tried Setting each of the R G & B and intensity in separate scenes with 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, 225, 255 levels but I cannot get it to work.
rbekel

Re: Preset buttons RGB & Intensity

Postby brooksyno3 » 26 March 2012, 22:03

rbekel wrote:Is it possible to set up preset buttons for Red, Green, Blue and Intensity? It appears in order for that to work one needs to set up a number of scenes in order to get the slider to work. The problem with that is how do you set the time for each scene so that it doesn't change on you unless you want it to? I want to be able to mix a group of lights colors quickly in live without going to the editor and manipulating them there. Any Ideas?

I tried Setting each of the R G & B and intensity in separate scenes with 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, 225, 255 levels but I cannot get it to work.

you best bet is to
1.open edit screen and select fixtures you want to use
2.edit the sliders and change them all the coulour you wish
3.save as 1 coulour
4.repeat above till you have a few coulours you wish

11open live screen and import as lighiting show maybe all under one 'Page'
2.once added the page and the lighting scene's RIGHT click and create a 'Trigger buttion' so you can activate the buttion with a key on your keyboard
3.once you done the above right click again and click "FLASH Buttion"

this now means once you push "key" on your keybord the lighting scene will flash till you let go and you will have diffrent keys for diffrent coulour making it easy to do a manual coulour flash.

hope this helps and please post if you need further help
but its easy and effective to do. :D
Kind Reguards

Postby rbekel » 27 March 2012, 01:40

I don't want the lights to flash; I just want to be able to switch the color and/or intensity quickly without going to the Editor to do it on the fly!
rbekel

Postby DHoude » 05 April 2012, 16:14

Personally, I would make 1 Scene with all the colors at 100%. If you name each step in the scene by the color you made, it will help you later. Name that Scene "100%" when you save it. When you add this scene to live make it a "Preset" button. Now just move the slider for each color, if you named the steps, you will see the color below the button name.

Make each scene in editor contain all the colors you want and save a for each intensity you want. Then make a live button for each saved scene. Then make each one a preset button. So you should have several differnt buttons that represent different intesities, then use the preset slider to make it the color you want.

All can be controlled by live, just like you want. It is some work up front but if you are like me, I found a few common intesities that I like and just used those (100%, 50% & 25%). I actually reworked all my scene patterns and saved them. Then added each scene to it's own intesity panel (A 25% button, goes on the 25% panel, etc).

Good luck!
DHoude

Postby DHoude » 05 April 2012, 16:20

Or you could switch it up and save a Blue scene at all the intensities you want. And make the Live buttons the colors and preset sliders the intensity. Which may be a better move if you intend to map Midi sliders later (as it is fully implemented).

Then make a scene for each color.
DHoude

Return to Editor