Editor is poorly designed software

create lighting scenes

Editor is poorly designed software

Postby Todd » 19 October 2011, 19:36

Post removed due to futility.
Last edited by Todd on 25 October 2011, 08:52, edited 2 times in total.
Todd

Re: Editor is poorly designed software

Postby Todd » 19 October 2011, 20:15

Post removed.
Last edited by Todd on 25 October 2011, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Todd

Postby tomrbland » 20 October 2011, 12:31

Todd, obviously this software is not for you. There are many people that really like the software and contribute to it's development.

I'm afraid that I do have to request that you refrain from being so rude. People have dedicated many years to developing this software. If it does not comply with your tastes then perhaps a nicely phrased feature request would go down nicely. If you go back through the forum you will find that the majority of well thought out feature requests have been implemented or are on the "to-do list".

I suggest you look at contemporary tools for editing timelines, such as the curves editor from 3D Studio Max, or Maya, or AfterEffects. Adobe Flash is also not a bad example (though I feel the the "key" model 3D Studio uses is more appropriate).

Have you tried using timlines in the 'professional' lighting consoles? This software beats them hands down on usability. You can't compare this software to 3D studio or AfterEffects, it does a totally different job!

Thank you for taking the time to give your ideas for future software upgrades, I'm sure that they will be read and taken on board. It is important to realise that nobody that has spent years developing software will listen to somebodies ideas if they are phrased so condescendingly.

Thank you for your interest in the software's development.

(p.s. I do not represent the company in question, I am simply a user of the software)
tomrbland

Postby pogjack » 20 October 2011, 22:28

Ditto tomrbland. Great response. You earn my respect.
pogjack

Postby JohnRichards » 21 October 2011, 09:23

You also have my support on a great response.
JohnRichards

Postby Todd » 25 October 2011, 00:19

Post removed.
Last edited by Todd on 25 October 2011, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
Todd

Postby DHoude » 25 October 2011, 02:21

The software is good, I love it, there is always time for frills later. I need it to work, not crash and need it now. They deliver that plus features that nobody else supports. Updates are free, so like they said, just ask nicely.
DHoude

Postby kahilzinger » 03 November 2011, 23:06

Would have loved to have seen his posts but I am thinking they are the typical ignorant posts you get from someone who does not have a clue and wishes to take their frustration out on everyone except the one at fault--themselves.
kahilzinger

Postby dkumpula » 14 January 2012, 23:25

kahilzinger wrote:Would have loved to have seen his posts but I am thinking they are the typical ignorant posts you get from someone who does not have a clue and wishes to take their frustration out on everyone except the one at fault--themselves.

I agree completely! I am extremely impressed with the progress made in the software over the 7+ years I've been using it. Even as an non-professional, my projects take me 1/3 of the time than they used to and my results are greatly improved due to the combination of the intelligent and dedicated team - with support from a diverse user base, of course. I believe I am limited only by my imagination - and budget for the newest lighting hardware, of course.

Keep up the great work, ShowXpress team!

-David
dkumpula

Postby brooksyno3 » 26 March 2012, 00:50

think sweetlight is one of the best i have ever used.

always on top of form
always fixing bugs
always software updates
always interaction
always new ideas
always ready for a new challenge

good on your guys
Kind Reguards

Next

Return to Editor